Headin to the Mckenzie

L
lilsalmon
I am heading to Vida Wednesday and want to fish....anyone got any good places for me to go? I want to mostly fly fish but could blow the dust off my gear if I must....:D

Any help would be greatly appreciated
 
J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
I am heading to Vida Wednesday and want to fish....anyone got any good places for me to go? I want to mostly fly fish but could blow the dust off my gear if I must....:D

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Oh oh take me with you! LOL I wish I wasn't back to work :( or rather, wish I was getting paid time off, because no paycheck sucks a lot. Pretty much anywhere you go there's going to be good fishing...I don't know about specific places to fly fish 'cause i'm a gear gal, but, someone on here will chime in I'm sure of it.
 
L
lilsalmon
Your welcome to go.......I have no paycheck either and it sucks big time so I understand that. But if you change your mind.........
 
J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
Your welcome to go.......I have no paycheck either and it sucks big time so I understand that. But if you change your mind.........

I would but all hell broke loose at the work place with staff quitting, and so, my "pick your own hours" gig went extinct and I've been thrown back into the 50 hour work week :( which I need the money, but man, it's kickin' my rear. So now that I'm feelin' a littttttle bit better....I have no time to fish lol. Figures, that's always how it works.
 
E
everett464
Are you planning on getting into the big fellas, or Trout?

Bankin it, or Drifting?
 
jamisonace
jamisonace
If you wading I'd try swinging soft hackles at Ben and Kay Dorris. I yellow stone fly will produce there too if you can cast it to the channel and dead drift it long enough before it starts to swing. This depends mostly on the water level. If the water is high it's nearly impossible. If you can sneak to the water behind Vida store you'll catch some nice fish using any technique in the run below the big rocks down to the tailout. Other than that, look for any pull out on the side of the road and see if there is access. I like the big one just after the covered bridge. You can usually get into a few fish in there. If you are drifting, set in at the putin just below Ben and Kay Dorris (not the one at it because the first rapids is Martins and its the biggest on the river). Then pull out at Leaburg.
 
L
lilsalmon
I will be fishin from the bank and wading....I want the big fellas but love trout too so anything that will bite my fly. I may or may not bring my "gear" but if I do what is suggested...spinners, etc? Maybe I can sweet talk someone and pull some strings and stealthily sneak behind the store. Thats sounds interesting. Thanks jamisonace. I better print me a map so I know where I am going....can't wait.
 
L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
I would but all hell broke loose at the work place with staff quitting, and so, my "pick your own hours" gig went extinct and I've been thrown back into the 50 hour work week :( which I need the money, but man, it's kickin' my rear. So now that I'm feelin' a littttttle bit better....I have no time to fish lol. Figures, that's always how it works.

i need a job and can spell huge medical words (salpingooophorectomy is my fave)....think they could use my help...:D
 
Troutski
Troutski
Oregon Medical Group

Oregon Medical Group

lilsalmon said:
i need a job and can spell huge medical words (salpingooophorectomy is my fave)....think they could use my help...:D

Have you tried OMG, nice company to work for. Full medical services...they are hiring as of today.

Chuck
 
L
lilsalmon
Troutski said:
Have you tried OMG, nice company to work for. Full medical services...they are hiring as of today.

Chuck

Wow...thanks...there is actually a part time position that I can apply for in the transcription department....Thanks so much...now I know I can keep an eye on this company....this is great.
 
Troutski
Troutski
Best of luck

Best of luck

lilsalmon said:
Wow...thanks...there is actually a part time position that I can apply for in the transcription department....Thanks so much...now I know I can keep an eye on this company....this is great.

My pleasure.....best of luck.

Chuck
 
G
GraphiteZen
I'm sorry but wth is a salpingooophorectomy?
 
J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
I'm sorry but wth is a salpingooophorectomy?

Removal of falopian tubes and ovaries.

Haha you asked dude, you asked.
 
Troutski
Troutski
;):lol::clap:

Chuck
 
G
GraphiteZen
Oh. Wow.
 
L
lilsalmon
GraphiteZen said:

:lol: It just has a nice ring to it....
 
J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:

You learn something new everyday ;)

medical terminology was an eye opening course lol

there's a wierd name for EVERYTHING.

I'm surrounded by it everyday lol
 
J
JeannaJigs
P.s. Good luck tomorrow rose! I'm wishin' I was a fishin'...but work is back to gettin in the way of my fishing habit.
 
L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
P.s. Good luck tomorrow rose! I'm wishin' I was a fishin'...but work is back to gettin in the way of my fishing habit.

Thanks....got a few spots picked out to try. Taking just my fly rod so going to target me some trout. Can't wait...going to try to be there very early so's I best get to bed...
 
L
lilsalmon
So, I was going to post some pics of my day on the McKenzie....it was great. I am going to the crooked though to camp and fish so it will have to wait till I get back.........
 

Similar threads

jamisonace
Replies
0
Views
322
jamisonace
jamisonace
I
Replies
5
Views
582
troutdude
troutdude
D
Replies
8
Views
528
Troutski
Troutski
J
Replies
25
Views
2K
DOKF
DOKF
S
Replies
5
Views
519
stdale
S
Top Bottom