Headed to the coast tomorrow - open seat?

M
Modest_Man
If anyone wants to go along. Leaving pretty early, going to bank it on the Wilson or Nestucca or Trask. Maybe all three? Hoping this bump in the levels will push some fish in.

Could also be persuaded to try Eagle Creek or pretty much anywhere. Open to suggestions. I need to be back by 3ish.

S
skunk
I'm in...I was planning on leaving oc at 6 and headed to the trask. want to meet up?

M
Modest_Man
Yeah yeah. I'm in Woodburn, OC means Oregon City right? I can pick you up if you want, or we could meet up? I've got a beater commuter car for school right now and I get 38mpg in that hog.

W
waco

Last edited:
M
Modest_Man
waco said:

Hey if you want in too I've got back seats...little cramped but it works.

W
waco
Thanks man but I'm going to EC good luck tomorrow

C
chrisohm
waco said:
Thanks man but I'm going to EC good luck tomorrow

You should go with them. You will find brighter fish and more of them in the coastal systems. I may try the salmon river after I do some crabbing with my son.

brandon4455
brandon4455
let me know if you go nestucca, im not too far from hwy 22 (a few miles at most) and thats on the way there

N
n8r1
If you're willing to put up with a dog and pony show (i.e. lots of people) the hospital hole on the Trask is absolutely stacked with fish right now.

S
skunk
thanks n8r1, come on waco, join us!!!

C
chrisohm
n8r1 said:
If you're willing to put up with a dog and pony show

That just sounds real bad...but funny at the same time!

Reactions: n8r1
M
Modest_Man
I'm not a huge dog and pony show kind of guy...but I really need some salmon.

F
fishingfreak
chrisohm said:
You should go with them. You will find brighter fish and more of them in the coastal systems. I may try the salmon river after I do some crabbing with my son.

Hes right Waco! Nothing but Darkies in the Creek buddy! Im going up North to Washington or to the Coast myself!

N
n8r1
Modest_Man said:
I'm not a huge dog and pony show kind of guy...but I really need some salmon.

I was at the hospital hole today for about 3 hours and saw at least 40 chinook caught and landed. It was crazy. One guy landed the biggest chinook I've ever seen in person. It was packed with anglers too, shoulder to shoulder, like every ten feet.

I'll be on the coast tomorrow but further north of you guys. Good luck!

W
waco
Well change of plans I'm not fishing tomorrow I'm working but I got sunday and monday off :yay:

F
fishingfreak
waco said:
Well change of plans I'm not fishing tomorrow I'm working but I got sunday and monday off :yay:

I have to work too now! Good Luck Tomorrow guy's and catch em for us anglers that have to work!!!!!!!!!!

W
waco
So where is the report? Did you guys get any fish?

M
Modest_Man
We each got fish....

We each got a cutthroat, both about 15". I also caught a rock, with a spinner. And I caught my own car, I had some 30lb braid that ended up poking out below my back door and it somehow got tangled around the valve stem on my tire. Stripped me of line in about 5 seconds, thankfully my drag was light and my rod and reel are fine.

It was pretty crappy actually. Tried the Wilson and the Trask, didn't fish the tidewater, fished a bit higher up.

N
nwkiller
I had some 30lb braid that ended up poking out below my back door and it somehow got tangled around the valve stem on my tire. Stripped me of line in about 5 seconds, thankfully my drag was light and my rod and reel are fine.

wow............lucky......insane

C
Coastaldweller
Went up to my fathers house and fished for a couple hours on the South fork of the Coos. Insane amount of fish in there!!! Landed lots on multiple set ups(k15, Blue Fox, bobber and eggs/shrimp). They were all nasty ol sorebacks... None were close to making the smoker, but still had a blast.