Winter steelhead chase

P
Polo_Fisher
Went out to the Wilson and the Trask river yesterday and didn’t have much luck.
The Wilson looked like it was golden 3-4 dats ago, Saturday (1-22-22) it was still some what greenish but on the clear side. I had one bobber down but no confirmed fish. After a few hours of fishing the Wilson in a few different spots up I decided to try the Trask River. As I got to the Trask I noticed the water level looked pretty good, color was decent too, a little clear but definitely doable, there was 4 fisherman spread out in a popular fishing spot, I joined them down river a little hoping to get a bite away from the crowd, unfortunately not bites or bobber downs.

I used to fish the Wilson and Trask with my dad 4-5 years back and he always knew what days to go out, mostly after the rains and wait for a the water level to get good.

Looking for maybe someone to go with bank fishing on the Wilson and Trask, maybe the Nestucca as well, I’m less familiar with the Nestucca but willing to learn!

I’m also new to the forum!

Reactions: Fishpdx and Admin
Admin
Admin
Welcome aboard!

Reactions: Polo_Fisher
Casting Call
Casting Call
Move over one more river Kelchis, The K drops first and clears first because of the gradient is steeper. When the camp grounds bite is on (high up) the other Till. confluence is ready to fish. Tony

Reactions: troutdude and Polo_Fisher
P
Polo_Fisher
I’ve never fished the Kilchis, I’ll give it a try! Is there good bank access along the road?

Casting Call
Casting Call
Yes! all along the park camp grounds. Open or not just walk in it's a county park. Tony

P
Polo_Fisher
Casting Call said:
Yes! all along the park camp grounds. Open or not just walk in it's a county park. Tony
Awesome, thanks for the help, it’s about a 90min drive so I’m going to possibly go down this up coming Sunday! I’ll give an update on how it goes!

Casting Call
Casting Call
YW

Reactions: Polo_Fisher