Hayden got his limit!

D
Dbaum
Well today we went to MHCC pond and my son Hayden slammed his limit of bows in less than two hours! He did a great job fighting his fish and even managed a 13 incher...(not bad for early stockers) the rest were right at 10-11 inches...we started right off getting bites as soon as the first bait was in the water and I could have got my limit as well but we figured five was enough for now...better to leave some in there for others.

What worked? There were about ten others that I saw fishing and no body was doing any catching so I told a couple of them that we were using chart. Power Nuggets off the bottom with about a foot and a half leader (slide weight or split shots) and as we were packing up they hooked up! I had a great time watching Hayden pull those five fish in and it was a great morning to fish! DB

• Fish 2011 003.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 121
  • Fish 2011 004.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Fish 2011 001.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 126
  • Fish 2011 002.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Way to go Hayden!!!!

N
nwkiller
way to go hayden, and nice job dad!!

W
waco
Good job!!! sounds like fun!!! and good for you sharing whats working to get fish!!!

T
tnffishman

I saw u guys down there, I was the kid in the yellow Oregon sweatshirt. I go to MHCC and after class I always head down there and talk to the anglers. I headed over to salish and few guys were hookin up with 16-18 inchers but no dice for me, the bite went DEAD about 15 mins after I got there

D
Dbaum
man, I go to MHCC as well...we might do Salish on Sunday or go back to MHCC...I promised Hayden that he could have another crack at 'em before I do some more Steel fishing next week (and go to school)...did you notice where the action was at Salish? Was Salish busy? Thanks for the info!

DB

F
FishFiddle
Now that is PRICELESS!! Thanks for the photos.

F
Finneus Polebender
That is what its truly all about great day dad!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
Y
youngbuck307
I am who I am today because my dad did that kind of thing with me and got a rod in my hand as a young age as well.... Didn't fish for years really till one day a girlfriends dad took me salmon fishing been down hill from then... Think when u put the bug in them at a young age like that they have it for the rest of there life. Even if it takes a while to show.

M
metalfisher76
'Think when u put the bug in them at a young age like that they have it for the rest of there life. Even if it takes a while to show. '

TRUE!

Nice job dad!!!

M
Moe
well, I was gonna hit up meldrum for some springers but I guess i will just fish there with my lil bro. Maybe stop for some catch n release sturg on the way home. Great job BTW!

M
Moe
I can't seem to find that pond on google maps, can you point me in the right direction?

troutdude
WOOT WOOT...dats my favorite mathematical equation right there:

Dad + Son(s) + Fish = WINNERS!!!

BTW...Chartreuse was THE color to use everywhere I trout fished last year. Moral of the story, always carry multiple colors...but DON'T forget the chartreuse!

T
tnffishman

Everyone was hittin em around the dock area at salish, and the other side over there. PowerEggs were the ticket there as well, and I havn't re-stocked my trout gear for too long

D
Dbaum
Hey Moe,

The Pond it located off Kane...depends on where you are coming from but if you jump on Stark and take it all the way to MHCC, take a right on Kane...than you just turn into the last gate and parking for the pond is in the back parking lot next to Kane (there is a light there at the entrance) good luck.

DB.

M
Moe

thanks I will be out there on sunday. Look for the teen in a beavers sweatshirt if you go.

S
Santiam338
Great job Hayden:clap:

S
Santiam338
Great job Hayden:clap:

brandon4455
looks like the little guy knows what hes doing! nice fish :clap: