Has anyone fished here

D
Drew9870
Has any one ever fished Cleawox lake, I have heard its good for trout, but what else is in it, I haven't ever fished it, but I always go to Siltcoos atleast once a year for the annual Perch Tournament and i have never thought of stopping at Cleawox. Munsel is a very good lake around the coast, and one of the cleanest that I know of.

G
GoDucks1
Cleawox has rainbow, perch and salamanders... oh and one time i caught a crawdad the size of a lobster in there.

T
Troutweiser is lifeblood
is that lake (cleawox) motorboat friendly?
i know they stocked a ton of fish in there
but the boats tend to mess with ya
just like across the hwy at Woahink Lake

~jacK

G
GoDucks1
No it's not. I don't even think there's a boat ramp there. You don't even need one, it's really more like a very large pond.

T
Timber
Never fished Cleowox. Just Siltcoos every year for more years than I care to mention. If you have fished Siltcoos recently, how has the perch bite been? It's been slow over the past few years but I'm hoping it will rebound. How has your luck been at Munsel and have you ever tried Mercer?

G
grampa ron
Cleowox

Cleowox

Yes, Cleowox does have a boat ramp. It does have a lot of trout. It's also a good place for fly fishing.

M
mspadd
went fishing here over the weekend and witnessed a record bass being caught weight in at 12lbs 9oz. Saw tons more HUGE bass in here as well also witnessed a 27" rainbow being caught, and i must say it was a beautiful weekend!!!:dance:

F
Finneus Polebender
mspadd said:
went fishing here over the weekend and witnessed a record bass being caught weight in at 12lbs 9oz. Saw tons more HUGE bass in here as well also witnessed a 27" rainbow being caught, and i must say it was a beautiful weekend!!!:dance:

Should be at the coast for bass sounds like that is a huge fish

R
rippin fish lips
yes there is alotof trout in there! and yes there is big bass in there! i have fishes it a bunch and watched ppl fish it a lot, a lot of big fish in there, just gotta know wut to use.caught a 10lb bass in there 2 years ago and a 24" rainbow!

J
JeannaJigs
Funny we grew up going over there all the time as kids to go swimming there and never really seen anyone fish it other than for perch on the dock near the dunes. Remember seeing some big fish underwater though. Someday I might have to fish it

R
rippin fish lips
JeannaJigs said:
Funny we grew up going over there all the time as kids to go swimming there and never really seen anyone fish it other than for perch on the dock near the dunes. Remember seeing some big fish underwater though. Someday I might have to fish it

jeanna! it would be well worth it! throw some power eggs on the bottom and i bet u willl limit! and on the way there if ur takin highway 99 off at mapleton, there is a creek called sweet creek falls! great cutty fishing! good hike and senory! i was casting a 1/8 thomas spoon.

M
merryjoagnel
Thank's

F
flocaster
I live about a mile & a half from Cleawox & fish it often. Lots of planter trout in there & best fishing is from the first stocking in February through about the end of april. There are still some MONSTER bass in there too. Unfortunately there is a large hydrilla problem in this lake but the further west you get in the make the less there is. I suggest going off the dock on the south end of the lake. 3 foot long 2lb test leaders, 1/2 an oz of lead & some chartruese power eggs is a pretty solid way to limit. Hope somebody gets some use out of this