Harvested a nice 3 point

F
FishFinger
My father I had a productive outing this week, resulting in the harvest of a 3 point buck. Last seasons schedule was too hectic for me to hunt, this year made up for it.

I used my Winchester 243 along with hand loaded shells consisting of 37.4 grains of IMR 4350 powder pushing a Nozzler 6mm 95 grain VLD ballistic tip bullet @ 1900 fps. I love this round!

I hit him in the neck at about 160 yds, and he dropped right where he once stood. Upon inspection the entrance wound appeared to be that if a 6mm hole ( equivalent to a 22 cal) yet the exit wound was hardly visible; until we skinned it. What happened below the skin was devastating.... The bullet fragmented and turned the back side of it's neck to jelly.

Reactions: OnTheFly
L
lizardman
Very nice. Be sure to have backstrap and eggs for me.

I love me some venison, but my freezer ran dry earlier this year.

Dave

M
meluvtrout
Sit! Stay! Dead Bambi!

S
steelhead1
Nice buck! Congrats!

J
JeannaJigs
Mmmm neck jelly.

T
TTFishon
Nice job!!! Pretty much everyone I talk to hasn't seen anything this year.

Reactions: OnTheFly
T
TimberTodd
Nicely done. Congrats on a great hunt with your dad.

R
rum runner
nice! there have been some BIG deer taken this year i can't wait to get out on the 17th for late archery

O
osmosis
Nice Jackelope Dan.

18406ej
18406ej
Dan,

I am glad that you are OK! What happened? Was the deer threatening you with a gun? Coming at you with a knife? Throwing large stones or maybe advancing with a pointy stick?

Regardless, I am grateful for our gun laws that allow us to defend ourselves rather than having to explain to God the meaningless killing of His majestical creatures.

Sincerely,

EJ
Proud Green Party Member

PS- no, I am not serious.

R
Rusty Stern
Nice buck. Congrats!
I have been chomping at the bit all rifle season.
I am hunting bow this year, and this in particular, I am really doubting that choice.
This is my favorite week to be blacktail hunting with a rifle....

Oh well.... come on late archery!

Top Bottom