Handicapped accessible salmon/steelhead fishing on the upper clack.

S
SquidHC
Hey all. Looking for a handicapped accessible (or very easy and safe bank access) spot on the upper Clackamas to take my son Salmon/Steelie fishing. I have to either carry him or push him in his wheelchair. He can not stand, but doesn't mind sitting on the ground. Need an area with a flat, wide bank or an actual fishing platform.

Thanks in advance.

A
alm21
Rivermill dam has a dock with railing (Estacada Lake). I think you can fish off of it but someone might be able to confirm. It's accessible by going into Milo McIver Park. I've been told that bobber and jigs fish well there.

C
chrisohm
Yes it does and that part is deep!! Too bad you can't get him in a boat on that stretch of water...if I had one I would offer you guys a tour of the area.

S
SquidHC
Awesome, thanks for the info. I will definitely be taking him there next week!

And thanks Chris. Yeah a boat would be awesome! Some day.

R
Repeat Offender
You shoudn't have a problem fishing up there....really easy access and easy fishing, and no one has ever bothered me about it....great for the Steelys! Good luck and throw up a pic if you get one!

C
cddunn
Y'all might want to try the handicapped only (+ support personnel I think) platform on the Nehalem if you've the time. The last time I was there, they had a lot of fish on the platform.

S
SquidHC
Well we managed to make it out to Mciver park and fished off the dock. Two steelhead and a handful of trout in three trips. Not bad. I need to figure out how to upload pics from my phone now.