Growth rate of bass & other info

C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
im glad there's no carp in our pond. there's bluegill perch catfish and crappie and all the bass are stunted 4-5 pounders that we catch all the time

but you have a really good spread and diverse size the times i have been there every fish is 3 to just over 5lbs, specifically when i refer to stunted fish in lakes such as hyatt or lost creek i mean you can literally catch 100 fish and they are all within a fraction of the same size as the other, your pond is pretty ideal haha.

T
tomriker
well i think they're stunted :)

T
TTFishon
tomriker said:
well i think they're stunted :)

You're going to have to start removing them then. I know someone that will take them. lol

troutdude
troutdude
Sounds like it's time to organize a spring time fish OFF! We'll be glad to thin those out for ya!

C
colbypearson
Although fishing is good at TR's I do not think over population is an issue at this point, its big water but I have not seen it in times when the fish are all moved up and can be half way counted.

T
tomriker
maybe in 10 years or so we can start thining them.. at this point it's a pretty good ecosystem if anything we need to put more bait fish in IE TROUT to fatten those bass up to 15+ pounds :D

C
colbypearson
tomriker said:
maybe in 10 years or so we can start thining them.. at this point it's a pretty good ecosystem if anything we need to put more bait fish in IE TROUT to fatten those bass up to 15+ pounds :D

lol that would be sweet but a 15lb bass in Oregon is a thing of ideal habitat and optimal conditions I dont think its possible without the perfect scenario, water temperature would need to be maintained warmer than most Oregon lakes, the $ amount of trout that would go into that fish would probably be startling. Northern strain large mouth don't get that big even in the absolute perfect circumstances, It would be awesome but nearly impossible.

K
Kevinb5688
I decided along time ago if i win a 230 million dollar powerball im building a climate controled bass lake that has seperate ponds with gates that hold trout and all other food sources and open when the ecosystem is not perfect. And of course my giant smart talking computer would give me reasurance that my bass would grow to record size. Lol
These people who win just dont know how to have fun with there money! :)

C
colbypearson
Kevinb5688 said:
I decided along time ago if i win a 230 million dollar powerball im building a climate controled bass lake that has seperate ponds with gates that hold trout and all other food sources and open when the ecosystem is not perfect. And of course my giant smart talking computer would give me reasurance that my bass would grow to record size. Lol
These people who win just dont know how to have fun with there money! :)

LOL i'm 18 in two weeks and plan to set my life up for a life of gambling because of this post, hahaha.

But in all reality that would be awesome! I think theres a place that is already like that though its called lake Biwa or El Salto.

Top Bottom