Got my guided salmon trip booked!!

B
BobbiDollPDX
For real! I ate 2 bananas on the boat Saturday and the fishing was awesome.

Oh and if you don't know if you get seasick or not... definitely take something the night before, and use the patch.

I've seen a lot of people get sick at sea and I feel awful for them. A couple of guys on the boat with us Saturday were taking Bonine and swore by it.

I even saw one guy who was sicker than a dog take some and recover enough to enjoy the last half of the trip.

R
rippin fish lips
ok looks like ill take something the night before and use the patch to. thanks Bobbidollpdx!

T
Thuggin4Life
I go out on the siulsaw and the umpqua. I'll let you know when I have a seat available. And bannanas are welcome on my boat.

R
rippin fish lips
alrighty thuggin! i like the siuslaw! I have seen some big fish taken from it in old town. Never have fished the umqua and want to.

F
fishnquest
Bananas on a boat is a superstition thats been around a lot longer than I have. I didn't know it existed until I was on a chartered boat a couple years ago. Someone broke out a banana and half the guys on the boat went balistic. One of them was my fishing buddy and brother in law. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

N
nwkiller
wow, $225 to $250??? super spendy.....if i was you i would spend 20$ on spinners and go throw off the rocks, way cheaper and fighting a salmon in the ocean with the waves crashing on the rocks in insane...its what i live for, its the fishing wait all year for, and from what i saw, the bankies were doing just as good if not better then the boats. we ended up getting into a 30 lb chinook and a 15 lb coho, seen another guy with 2 chinooks one day and one the next, end some other guys were doing good as well. you can do it, the time, effort and experience is worth more than any guided trip

R
rippin fish lips
well like a said,im not paying for it. It is a b-day/graduation present that was offered... so of course im going to do it

C
cwsmith
nwkiller said:
wow, $225 to $250??? super spendy.....if i was you i would spend 20$ on spinners and go throw off the rocks, way cheaper and fighting a salmon in the ocean with the waves crashing on the rocks in insane...its what i live for, its the fishing wait all year for, and from what i saw, the bankies were doing just as good if not better then the boats. we ended up getting into a 30 lb chinook and a 15 lb coho, seen another guy with 2 chinooks one day and one the next, end some other guys were doing good as well. you can do it, the time, effort and experience is worth more than any guided trip

where (general location of course) was this at?

N
nwkiller
umpqua

S
Shadelady
hey was wonderig how the charter was? my Outlaws (like in-laws but more fun) are staying down there and i want my Mother in law to catch a dadgum salmon this year... we were thinking about a charter.

H
Halfthrive
Are you sure your Salmon fishing? $225-$250 a person is usally tuna rates. All the Salmon charters I've been on only charge about $100 for 8 hours of fishing. For that price I'd cancel the salmon trip and book a tuna trip, better fishing and harder fighting fish.

B
BobbiDollPDX
Halfthrive said:
Are you sure your Salmon fishing? $225-$250 a person is usally tuna rates. All the Salmon charters I've been on only charge about $100 for 8 hours of fishing. For that price I'd cancel the salmon trip and book a tuna trip, better fishing and harder fighting fish.

My salmon/steelhead guide runs $180 for the day. The deep sea charter I use, a 12 hour Tuna trip is $225 and the 18 hour is $315.

F
FishFinger
BobbiDollPDX said:
My salmon/steelhead guide runs $180 for the day.

Ditto..... My guide buddy hooked up his client w/ a fatty 45 lber near Rainier 2 days ago.

There are fish making their way up river already. Big ones at that!

R
rippin fish lips
Sorry it was $250 for me and my friend put together, so $125 a person. Great deal! I went with Strike Zone charters, They are awesome! Scott Hatcher of Strike Zone charters knows what he is doing and is a great guide! I recommend him! he will put you on fish and a lot of fish!

These 2 were both 10 pounds and good eatin!
cohosalmon.jpg

20 pound nook
20lbsalmon.jpg

Two 20 pound nooks.
chewysalmon.jpg

salmon.jpg

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
well . . . . . awsome fish dudes. myself , i really can't stand guides . i suppose they have a place in life but i can't see where that is . me dont like them .besides that , you did kill some fine fish . congrats and kudos on your open ocean trip ! ! ! !

R
rippin fish lips
Thanks! it was fun and my first guided trip ever.... I my self would like to be a guide some day.