Got a new rig.

E
eugene1
I bought a new boat on Wednesday.

It's an Alumaweld sled, 18 feet of old-school flat bottom river boat fun. Has a jet pump for main power and a 9.9 kicker. Tested it on the Umpqua and the Willy at D street in Springfield. It's awesome, somewhat under powered, but good enough for me. No more busted skegs and damaged props in the rivers. I plan to get some oars for back-trolling for summer runs, and I hope I won't ruffle the feathers of any db's or bank people out there this year. Also hoping to get into some upriver springers this season in it! Right now it's at Koffler boats getting some mods done.

I'll have a nicely equipped 15' Smoker craft with a 30 hp prop for sale shortly...

Here she is: (the pics are from the CL ad, and no I don't own that sick North River in the background)

Happy new year!

sled2.jpg

sled.jpg

troutdude
troutdude
Is it my imagination...or, is it red, white and blue? (w/ top)

Nice water scooter. Enjoy.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Congratulations on a great new adventure ride! You are going to have to take someone along to take pics of all the fun you will be having in that sleek water skimmer. Have fun!

H
hunt-fish-trap
ur new boat is awesome! one day I will own a old school sled. just dont forget the kidney belt

G
Gone fishin
Nice.....have fun

jamisonace
jamisonace
I look forward to fishing next to you on the Willy this summer. Just leave a few fish for me and my boys.

N
nwkiller
sick man, can i ask how much you got her for? im super jelouse

A
alm21
Congrats! Hope to join the ranks of the boaters some day.

E
eugene1
Thanks, everyone!

Jamison, don't worry! I think your crew could outfish me any day of the week.

NWK, I got her for $6400. The price was probably more than fair and I forgot to mention that the dude I bought it from was super nice and great to deal with. I think the experience of the transaction probably went a long way with me getting the ride.

Just got back from the North-North coast where we went 2/4 on steelhead. What a great week!