Got a cpl.

R
rum runner
Went up deerhorn rd. Cought a few stocker bows but it was fun and got to break in my new 7`6 ultra light rod with 6 lb test.throwing #4 blue fox spinners

Last edited by a moderator:
R
rippin fish lips
Steelhead smolt.

O
OnTheDrop
Yuppp, lotta steelhead smolt in riv right now.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:shy: Oops... :redface:

B
Bgunder
Lol on the steelie smolts. Steelmon knows what I am talking about. Actually re-thinking they may have stocked the McKenzie below leaburg dam with like 8000 fish today.

Last edited:
E
eugene1
Looks pretty colored up to be a smolt to me, but kinda hard to tell with the top view.

Best,

R
rippin fish lips
Bgunder said:
Lol on the steelie smolts. Steelmon knows what I am talking about. Actually re-thinking they may have stocked the McKenzie below leaburg dam with like 8000 fish today.

The scheduled stocking is for 8250 hatchery rainbow trout belofe leaberg lake. That is for the week of 4/22/13. Could stocked it today bout i bet it will be in the next day or two.

R
rippin fish lips
eugene1 said:
Looks pretty colored up to be a smolt to me, but kinda hard to tell with the top view.

Best,

I know what you mean. but thats a smolt for sure. And there has been some colored smolts this year. coulda been cuaz warmer water in the tanks??

O
OnTheDrop
Bgunder said:

Lol. For sure.

I saw a Chinook roll yesterday up near bellinger...And got a confirmation of one caught on the Middle Fork yesterday.

Quick...everyone run to the river!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Lots of spots very close together. To many spots on its head. I don't think water temp would change the color of a steelhead smolt. Looks like a trout to me!

J
joem
We got a couple pellet heads out of the mckenzie today and yesterday along with a couple or more other fish ;) seen lots of trout. No smolts though

D
dtikey
joem said:
We got a couple pellet heads out of the mckenzie today and yesterday along with a couple or more other fish ;) seen lots of trout. No smolts though

Alright Joe so what did you and probally your dad get into besides the pellet heads????

D
dtikey
pretty pic Jared looks like you had a good time

J
joem
Me and my dad last week me and my dad yesterday and me and my cousin today and some where in there a solo me. It's a secret ;)

E
eugene1
Come on bro, it's all about sharing, right?

I'm hungry for some upriver nook pix!

Best,

joem said:
Me and my dad last week me and my dad yesterday and me and my cousin today and some where in there a solo me. It's a secret ;)

B
bran_man
Either way,I hope you all remembered to release them regardless of smolt or trout, cause trout is c/r on Mac until April 27th.

J
joem
eugene1 said:
Come on bro, it's all about sharing, right?

I'm hungry for some upriver nook pix!

Best,

they aint chinooks, i had one about 11 lbs fight like a salmon though never jumped stayed low the whole time. my phone if stupid so my alarm didn't go off this morning so i wasn't able to go before school, but tomorrow i will.

J
joem
i dont know how to put pictures from my phone but theres pictures on the facebook.

R
rum runner
yah the color threw me off at first thought it was a steel head smolt but it looked like a trout when i had it out of the water and they were supper bright silver witch also made me think steel head but all were released and un harmed. glad to know there are bigger fish out there just need to find them!

N
nativefish
steelhead_stalkers said:
Lots of spots very close together. To many spots on its head. I don't think water temp would change the color of a steelhead smolt. Looks like a trout to me!

Hey be careful arguing with the experts you know where that leads!