Good day at Hyatt

A
Ariel&Jared12
We started our day off by going to Howard Prairie this morning in hopes of catching some good fish along the jetty. No luck. Once we were there for a good hour, we decided to move to another part of the lake and try our luck there. Again, no luck after 15 minutes. We packed all of our stuff up and moved over to Hyatt Lake. It looks like we'll be fishing at Hyatt more often! As soon as we got there, we had a bite in no later than about 15 minutes; Yes, we were fishing on the bank. We decided to stay and see if we can catch anymore. GREAT day today!

Last edited:
C
capblack
nice fish, looks like you guys had a good day!

A
Ariel&Jared12
capblack said:
nice fish, looks like you guys had a good day!

Yes, we did; We didn't want to leave &Thank you!

troutdude
troutdude
Wow, now that's a decent trip! Nice job you two.

I think you may have reversed the labels on Ariel's fish; but hey...NICE fish nonetheless.

A
Ariel&Jared12
troutdude said:
Wow, now that's a decent trip! Nice job you two.

I think you may have reversed the labels on Ariel's fish; but hey...NICE fish nonetheless.

Thank you! What do you mean by reversed the labels? Lol. I outfished Jared today with 1 Cutty & 1 Rainbow and he only got 1 Rainbow. Lol.

T
Throbbit _Shane
nice fish!!

i plan on floating hyatt soon. trout fishing is fun and relaxing ! :D

brandon4455
brandon4455
very nice fish :clap: and that my friend is what we call a cuttbow, a hybrid between a rainbow and cutthroat. odfw stocks these fish a lot, especially in detroit lake. or, it might be a wild bred cuttbow. they are beautiful fish. great job. :D

Last edited:
A
Ariel&Jared12
Throbbit _Shane said:
nice fish!!

i plan on floating hyatt soon. trout fishing is fun and relaxing ! :D

Thank you! You should definitely get out there soon. I couldn't believe we caught these nice fish!

A
Ariel&Jared12
brandon4455 said:
very nice fish :clap: and that my friend is what we call a cuttbow, a hybrerid between a rainbow and cutthroat. odfw stocks these fish a lot, especially in detroit lake. or, it might be a wild bred cuttbow. they are beautiful fish. great job. :D

Thank you! They stock them? I never knew they stocked Cutthroat's. I thought it was only Rainbows. Or do you mean they stock the Cuttbows?

T
Throbbit _Shane
Ariel&Jared12 said:
Thank you! You should definitely get out there soon. I couldn't believe we caught these nice fish!

I can believe it!

I was catching nice trout there in October right before it closed to fishing. So those trout got even fatter all winter :D

Good job. And Hyatt isn't too far. I prefer taking green springs highway there.

A
Ariel&Jared12
Throbbit _Shane said:
I can believe it!

I was catching nice trout there in October right before it closed to fishing. So those trout got even fatter all winter :D

Good job. And Hyatt isn't too far. I prefer taking green springs highway there.

Yeah, we thought Hyatt was farther than Lost Creek so we never really wanted to go there. But now that we know it's only about 30 minutes from Medford, we're going there more often. We took Dead Indian there and Green Springs back... We're not huge fans of Green Springs, lol. WAY too high cliffs.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I like the views along the cliff better then driving on dead indian road. LOL

I could see some folks not liking it though.

A
Ariel&Jared12
Throbbit _Shane said:
I like the views along the cliff better then driving on dead indian road. LOL

I could see some folks not liking it though.

The views are really nice but we hate heights, hahaha. Especially that high up.

brandon4455
brandon4455
odfw stocks them in a lot of places im pretty sure. ive caught them at atleast 5 ponds. idk why they stock cuttbows though..never thought about it. and no, odfw does not stock cutthroat trout,only the cuttbows

A
Ariel&Jared12
brandon4455 said:
odfw stocks them in a lot of places im pretty sure. ive caught them at atleast 5 ponds. idk why they stock cuttbows though..never thought about it. and no, odfw does not stock cutthroat trout,only the cuttbows

Yeah, that's weird they stock them. The only thing I could think of is Cutthroats &Rainbows mating to make Cuttbows in lakes since I know Cutty's are not in lakes unless they have access to a stream. But either way, they are some NICE fish :) I've never caught a Cutty before. Glad I finally did it!

troutdude
troutdude
Ha ha ha...nothing like a little friendly competition.

What I meant is that I think you may have labeled the bow as a cutt; and vice versa (the cutt as a bow).

Really well taken pics too.

I'm glad that you guys stuck w/ it, and bagged some fatty's!

H
Hawk
These are some reel beauties sis/bro.
Well Done.
:D:D:D
:clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:cool:

A
Ariel&Jared12
troutdude said:
Ha ha ha...nothing like a little friendly competition.

What I meant is that I think you may have labeled the bow as a cutt; and vice versa (the cutt as a bow).

Really well taken pics too.

I'm glad that you guys stuck w/ it, and bagged some fatty's!

I see what you're saying. It makes sense. Although, when we stopped by the resort to get them measured, the guy that was measuring them and putting the pictures of them on their FB, said they were full Cutty's &not cross. He didn't say anything about them stocking the Cuttbow's. But, they could. I'm not saying they don't. The Cutty's could also come in through the stream that runs into Hyatt and mate with Rainbows while in the lake and make Cuttbow's. Lol. Idk. But either way, Thank you! &I'm super glad we stuck around. We can't wait to get back out there and bag some more &hopefully some Bass as well.

A
Ariel&Jared12
Hawk said:
These are some reel beauties sis/bro.
Well Done.
:D:D:D
:clap::clap:
:dance::dance:
:cool:

Thank you!

N
nativefish