Fly swap ( 1st of 2011)

M
meluvtrout
I think we should close it now as we have 12 bodies. My hands already started to hurt just to think about tying 24... :)

B
bigsteel
meluvtrout said:
I think we should close it now as we have 12 bodies. My hands already started to hurt just to think about tying 24... :)

can u imagine if we get 60 participants:shock::shock:ill never get to fish again

D
Drew9870
meluvtrout said:

Ya, umm, count me out, lol, I have too short of an attention span for tying multiple flies.

J
joesnuffy
bigsteel said:
can u imagine if we get 60 participants:shock::shock:ill never get to fish again

A swap i do on another fishing website does 50 people befor it closes :p

It sucks doing that many at once.... I'm skipping it this year.

Could somebody make a list of the people making flies?

G
Growbug
FishFinger said:
I'd like to have this buttoned up and all flies returned by the first of March. We can take the next two weeks to get a head count before we get to tying.

12 already? We better start tying NOW

O
OnTheFly
If we do this in groups, let's say 6 in a group then many more could play.:think:

M
meluvtrout
Current squad:
1-FishFinger
2-OnTheFly
3-Meluvtrout
4-Drew9870
5-Irishrover
6-Eggs
7-Growbug
8-Bigsteel
9-Fishfiddle
10-Joesnuffy
11-Markasd
12-Lilsalmon

O
OnTheFly
meluvtrout said:
Current squad:
1-FishFinger
2-OnTheFly
3-Meluvtrout
4-Drew9870
5-Irishrover
6-Eggs
7-Growbug
8-Bigsteel
9-Fishfiddle
10-Joesnuffy
11-Markasd
12-Lilsalmon
OK. The way it sits now, we could have 2 groups of 6 (10 flies max) or 3 groups of 4. (6 flies max) Can you see how that would work? All Dan would need to do is randomly split up and send off the flies pertaining to each group.

Last edited:
G
Growbug
24 Flies in 1 month?? Do-able

D
Drew9870
Mark me off the list, I'm usually pooped after tying 2, lol. Maybe next time, I need to restock on supplies anyways.

F
FishFinger
Great turn out, I think 12 is good for the tiers choice. Would you all rather just make one fly per?

If we still feel like tying more we can have another swap right away.

I'm thinking the BWO parachute..... but still not decided

1/21/11
Cancel the BWO I have something much cooler. i am going dry tho.

I'm glad it's 2x per....I need a couple dozen to work the kinks out.

details to follow

Last edited:
F
FishFiddle
I'm good with 2 per as we have almost 6 wks. Whatever floats your fly.:D, boat, line, etc.

N
ninja2010
hey, is it too late for me to join?

word of warning... i don't tie flies, my intruders are more like dead chickens that will eat your flies in one gulp.

O
OnTheFly
Question,,,are we tying one spacific fly or a variety?

Irishrover
Irishrover
FishFinger said:
Great turn out, I think 11 is good for the tiers choice. Would you all rather just make one fly per? looks like we down to 11, so 10 flies each?

If we still feel like tying more we can have another swap right away.

I'm thinking the BWO parachute..... but still not decided

What ever the group wants. But I'm OK with two per person.

O
OnTheFly
Irishrover said:
What ever the group wants. But I'm OK with two per person.
You just can't get enough from that new vice can you..:D

M
markasd
I can do 2 each... was hoping we all tie one pattern, that way we all have the same batch? thats how I was thinkin' it worked?

however you all want to do this works for me.. your all gettin' the same one from me though!

mark

E
eggs
We should do like dry/wet/lake/nymph/summer steel/winter steel and pick a catagory and let each person call a pattern or just leave it as catagory and if there is 2 of the same patten they will vary by person..

G
GDBrown
You're really trying to make this complicated aren'y you, eggs.

M
markasd
We should do like dry/wet/lake/nymph/summer steel/winter steel and pick a catagory and let each person call a pattern or just leave it as catagory and if there is 2 of the same patten they will vary by person..

Yes - would be good to know what everyone is thinking. If were tying for trout OR steel OR free-for-all!!