Fly fishing today!

EOBOY
EOBOY
I hadn't been fly fishing this spring because I've been working on the Bass. Figured I would try my luck. Had a pretty good day using a Green nymph. Started out with a Black Bead head nymph, did ok with it but put that Green one on and they loved it. I've got a couple of pics but have to down load to my puter.give me a minute.

• smed6.jpg
  • smed5.jpg
Last edited:
B
bagold53
Great time of catching Dana. Thanks again for bringing me.

EOBOY
EOBOY
A day on the water with you is always a pleasure my friend.

S
sapo
Nice! Were you using a spinning rod with monofilament with flies tied on, or using an actual fly rod?

Some really nice fish you caught there.

EOBOY
EOBOY
sapo said:
Nice! Were you using a spinning rod with monofilament with flies tied on, or using an actual fly rod?

Some really nice fish you caught there.

A real Fly Rod, we also used some spinning rods a few times trying for bass and crappie. But yes a real Fly Rod: 9ft. solo with a Med. sinking line and a 9ft. tapered tippet.

EOBOY
EOBOY
EOBOY said:
A real Fly Rod, we also used some spinning rods a few times trying for bass and crappie. But yes a real Fly Rod: 9ft. solo with a Med. sinking line and a 9ft. tapered tippet.
Sapo I also cut 4 feet OFF the end of the tippet and add a 4 foot of X3 florocarbon because I break OFF less fish.

T
Troutster
Beautiful fish! I'm new to Oregon fishing, came from Montana...from your pic it looks like a 1-man pontoon? can I ask where you went?