Fly fishing the Tualatin

D
dangerranger
Hello all... was thinking about hittin the lower tualatin tomorrow.. checked out some spots last weekend and saw some pretty nice water down around west linn... it was clear and had current lol. I was just curious if anyone has ever fly fished that area.. and what kind of luck you had. I figure ill try it out anyways but any advice would be awesome...:think:

F
flyguy202011
I want to go with!

D
dangerranger
Im thinkin of hittin fields bridge park probably early i only have a couple hours... any company is welcome as long as you dont laugh at my casting.. lol i havent had the ol fly rod out in a looooong time

F
flyguy202011
I live in SE and dont have a car, if yah want I can teach yah a lot about flyfishing. I can give yah some gas money if ya want? or we can go anotherr time...

D
dangerranger
ok so the tualatin wasn't doing anything on the fly so i packed up and hit eagle creek... never fished it for trout before... first half hour was slow to say the least then I aparently put on the magic fly cause they started biting. Landed probably 15 cuttthrouts most small but 2 that were 6-8 inchs.. which on a 4wt 7.5ft rod is fun!.... that was until i took a pic of one... put my phone in the wrong pocket of my vest and bent over and into the creek it went...

F
flyguy202011
dang sounds fun dude. next time you go let me know i want to roll with.

D
dangerranger
will do i want to hit up eagle early so i have more time before the swimmers show up lol

F
flyguy202011
pm me your phone number!