Fly fishing get together

G
GDBrown
Bump

F
FishFinger
A weekend would be best for me personally... (the darned work thing ya know) Count me in when the date is firmed up.

brandon4455
brandon4455
always a possibility never 100% sure. just tell me a when and where and ill try :p

M
markasd
I take it this never happened? This would be pretty fun to do..

G
GDBrown
We did a fish gathering at Harriet Lake last month but it was not a fly fishing specific gathering....

M
markasd
It sounded like it was heading to toward the Mac at one point in the thread.. one of these days I'll get in on a gathering, hard to do when I'm seldom in Oregon these days.

B
bigsteel
i think this spring we should have the get together,where do you guys want to go

D
Drew9870
Are we doing a larger river? I would recommend Little N Fork Santiam, not too much room for a number of people in most areas, but it is beautiful, one of a kind water.

B
bigsteel
upper deschutes would be good then we could go after browns and\or rainbows,,,little north fork would be good but im not sure if anyone is planning on fishing in their boat...

E
eggs
Metolius

G
GDBrown
I would like to do one in the valley were I can take my Lazy Drifter and learn some new water. Maybe the Santiam?

J
jdog
i would love go throw some fly's with you guys. i have 0 friends who fly fish and would love to get some extra pointers! lets pick some days.

B
bigsteel
what tme does everyone want to do this

E
eggs
brandon4455
brandon4455
GDBrown said:
I would like to do one in the valley were I can take my Lazy Drifter and learn some new water. Maybe the Santiam?

ill agree with that one. ive only fished at fisherman's bend on the santiam but id like to explore it a little more. i caught some very nice bows in there.

M
Michael
Dude, I'd love to go. I've never fly fished before and I'm dying to get into it. But I don't have any friends who fish let alone friends who fly fish. If it's a few months from now, then I have time to buy the gear (recommendations appreciated) and log some hours practicing my cast.

I'm happy to trade beer for tips/lessons.

M
mrlindeman
bigsteel said:
anyone up for a get together for some fly fishing this spring?

Im already there wherever it is waiting. Where are you guys your late! :)