Float fishing yarn

U
Utahutes
Just starting fisn yarn.question I have what's good leader length. Also do you all use a split shot on your leader to keep yarn down.relive splif shot size would depend on current. If you use split shot about how far above yarn. Sorry for all questions but can find information looking for on line

Solution
rogerdodger
this is for under a bobber and sort of a combo technique- the 1/2oz or so under my bobber stays a bit OFF the bottom but this 'eggs-sinker-12mm soft bead' combo you see in the image is playing tap-tap with the bottom because of that split-shot, using a bigger than bb size one here.

rig2.jpg
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I'll try and take a picture of my rig today and post it later, for winter steelhead, when the water is OFF color (greenish) and flow is kicking along good, I alway use a couple splitshot between my hooks to help pull them down just a bit deeper.....

Reactions: Utahutes
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
this is for under a bobber and sort of a combo technique- the 1/2oz or so under my bobber stays a bit OFF the bottom but this 'eggs-sinker-12mm soft bead' combo you see in the image is playing tap-tap with the bottom because of that split-shot, using a bigger than bb size one here.

rig2.jpg

Solution