Fishing Vest

Fishing Vest

• Total voters
T
Troutier Bassier
I use a Addidas Backpack, And I take it off when Im fishing, Put it on when Im moving.
Usually, I just take the tackle I need and leave the Load at home.

T
tnffishman
I always take my vest for salmon/steelhead but often take it off and set it on the bank. For trout I am either on the boat or use a kreel

T
Troutier Bassier
A Kreel?
They still make those?
Im talking about the pouch things.

T
tnffishman
yeah they still make them. I have had the same one for years. Don't go trout fishing without it:cool:

Troutski
Troutski
Fine collection...

Fine collection...

tnffishman said:
yeah they still make them. I have had the same one for years. Don't go trout fishing without it:cool:

I collect Kreels...very cool things. I don't think I have ever used one but they are cool. They put fresh grass in the bottom of them to keep your catch cool through out the day. Some things are so simple but very efficient.
Sorry to get off subject; hope Troutski doesn't catch me;)

Chuck

K
koboabe
backpack all the way.
can't carry beer/water/food in a vest...

Troutski
Troutski
koboabe said:
backpack all the way.
can't carry beer/water/food in a vest...

;)

Chuck

S
steelhead_stalkers
Thats what your fishing partner is for! :)

Y
youngbuck307
yea and you can't chang a rig that easy in 3ft of moving water unless you got a vest... like i said Use both and can't go wrong...

K
koboabe
true... true

O
OnTheFly
kreels

kreels

Wonder how many beers could be stuffed into one of those old kreels. :think:;)

K
koboabe
seeing as I would prob be skunked anyways. I could prob manage to bring at least 8 with me :p

K
Keith
I always wear my fishing vest. It is an inflatable version, lightweight and has loads of space for all my gear. I wear it anytime I am fishing it carries all my stuff and could save me someday.

S
Siri
I've been using a vest for a year now and really like it. It works for me because I like to cover some ground when fishing and don't like to carry a tacklebox and two poles. I keep it well organized and don't carry a ton of stuff. It keeps my hands free to fish.

D
dude young
Fishtopher said:
When steelhead and salmon fishing only!

+1 on that.

G
GDBrown
Have Vest will travel

Have Vest will travel

:cool::cool:It depends on where I'm going. I have three vests; one each for Fly fishing, Salmon fishing, Steelhead fishing. I also have a little fanny pack with just enough fly fishing stuff to have fun if the bite is off for the bigger fish, I can pull out the fly rod and have some fun. :think:Yet if I'm in the drift boat I may just have my box.:think:
Most of the time I have one on so I don't have to leave the water to rerig. That way I don't loose my place on the combat line and I don't loose time with my line in/on the water. Those of you that have seen me fish may notice that I rarely stop to eat or drink. I've fished with a couple of guides and my mentor in Montana who's attitude was don't waist time eating until the limit is filled. Guides don't get repeat clients by stopping to eat at noon they get them by putting fish in the box/creel, etc.