Fishing this weekend??

R
ryan808
Yeah I second that, that time will work for me too if you got no plans. FP thanks for the invite, I just remembered the civil war game is on this weekend, that traffic will be hell this weekend. Let me know when your up this way, that St. Croix is calling you.

F
Finneus Polebender
Right on will see ya a week from sun , I better commit and get that reel on the way!

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
That sounds perfect ! I am lookin at sun morn perhaps tomorrow afternoon at best for fishin this weekend . You are always welcome to fish my ponds Ryan that big one has some just waiting for ya to show me how to finnese drop shot em . can take ya right to them they are there like clockwork . I can't get them to touch nothin though? Will be up your way by the 12th if you decide to stay north this weekend its a long drive for not much action . I bet if the weather is good could be lookin to break in my new rod At TRs .If I am to catch my first christmas bass think it is my best shot / hope? Figure you will come right? We gotta do some trollin for lunkers next trip too?

im leaving in a little bit if i get any i will report here, and same baits as always!. swimbaits and jigs, period! lol

F
Finneus Polebender
I will be out tomorrow goin swimbaits till it hurts!

C
colbypearson
Finneus Polebender said:
I will be out tomorrow goin swimbaits till it hurts!

fished 1:30pm-5:00pm, 2 bites, 1 fish. total:3ish-lbs on a jig pics later

not much is going on but i guess two bites is all you can ask for, both were on the jig i threw the jig and swimbait about 50-50...... just so you know when i fish swimbaits in winter i barely crawl them sometimes like almost dragging them, i prefer huddleston and baitsmith for this since they sit upright pretty well on the bottom. the one i got was on a brown and green jig with some black and a craw trailer it was 3/8oz and the fish ate it while it was falling through some limbs.

S
Surejam
Bethany Bass help.

Bethany Bass help.

OK.... the kids are begging to go out fishing tomorrow! I am a bass fishing rookie but figure there must be some out there this time of year even.
I live right down the road from Bethany pond but have never caught bass in there. Any help would be appreciated as to best methods for an 11 and 15 yr old to catch Something. They would go nuts if they caught a bass :lol:

Is it worth trying there or should I try elsewhere?

Surejam

T
Throbbit _Shane
Bass fishing this time of the year should be really slow. You might want to try and target trout instead.

C
colbypearson
Throbbit _Shane said:
Bass fishing this time of the year should be really slow. You might want to try and target trout instead.

agree 100%, if your not seasoned (no offense but for real) bass fishing in winter is worse than sitting at home. i would for sure 100% take them trout fishing. idk about up there but the expo ponds turned out a few nice ones i saw today for the trout guys :)

M
Moe
YOu can fish bethany just use worms. It is hard to get a bass bite this time of year with lures so us a full night crawler under a bobber and cast right next to the lillie pads and wait for a bite. Just set the hook quick so they dont swallow it and die. This way you can get bass, holdover trout, bluegill, carp and the occaisonal cat!

C
colbypearson
so did anybody go out for bass this weekend?? heres the pics i promised LOL got a couple big one was like 3lbs, but thats about all you can ask for with this cold ;) i like the ambition of that little guy on that swimbait!!! hahaha so even the dinks like to eat trout lol

SSPX2669.jpgSSPX2658.jpgSSPX2657.jpgSSPX2668.jpg

Last edited:
R
ryan808
Went out on Saturday, not a thing......:lol: I'm gonna have to redeem myself before the year is over.