Fishing spots around Sherwood

I
itchtofish
My 6 year old son has taken a strong interest in fishing over the past several months and I want to continue to encourage his desire to fish and eat what we catch. I did a little bit of fishing 30ish years ago and am also interested in getting back to it. I have taken him to one of the free fishing events ODFW puts on and took him to Hornings Hideout last year and he had a great time. Are there any other locations around Sherwood that anyone would recommend for trout fishing? When he gets older he wants to try larger fish, but is happy with trout for the time being.

Thanks in advance

Ken

B
Bad Tuna
Commonwealth pond in Beaverton, Canby pond in Canby, a few ponds in St Paul. Nothing really close, but all those are only about 20 min away.

M
meluvtrout
North Fork Reservoir: Estacada, past Faraday Lake - opens May 24 (I believe)
Faraday Lake: Estacada, Open All Year
Harriet Lake, Timothy Lake : Clackamas County
St Louis Ponds: Woodburn
Dorman Pond : Going towards Wilson River on HWY6
Rainbow Trout Farm: Sandy (pretty expensive, but you should see their face when they hook a 25"-30" fish on a Barbie rod...)
Canby Pond: Canby, open for kids under 17 and disabled only.

I
itchtofish
meluvtrout said:
North Fork Reservoir: Estacada, past Faraday Lake - opens May 24 (I believe)
Faraday Lake: Estacada, Open All Year
Harriet Lake, Timothy Lake : Clackamas County
St Louis Ponds: Woodburn
Dorman Pond : Going towards Wilson River on HWY6
Rainbow Trout Farm: Sandy (pretty expensive, but you should see their face when they hook a 25"-30" fish on a Barbie rod...)
Canby Pond: Canby, open for kids under 17 and disabled only.

Bad Tuna said:
Commonwealth pond in Beaverton, Canby pond in Canby, a few ponds in St Paul. Nothing really close, but all those are only about 20 min away.

Thanks for the suggestions. Sunday fishing trip with my six year old is set!

N
Noahk
Hagg lake is about 45 mins to the west and has a good amount of fish stocked into recently. Also once it warms up he can catch a bunch of warm water fish. Blue gill, perch, bass, etc. Hagg is nice because it's close and you can pretty get a picnic table right on the water. I live in Sherwood and shoot out there every so often. I'd be happy to show you guys around the lake the next time I'm out there. Otherwise take a look in the Hagg section, there are a ton of info on spots and methods, although power eggs/bait if pretty hard to beat in the lake. Hagg is nice too since it's an actual lake and not just a pond. It will give him a chance to run around a bit more and throw rocks, sticks, etc without being right on top of someone else. Bethany and Commonwealth can get pretty crowded.

T
tangov559
is there a car fee to fish at bethany or commonwealth?

N
Noahk
tangov559 said:
is there a car fee to fish at bethany or commonwealth?
Nope. Just at Hagg, which is 5 bucks.