Fishing report, North Santiam, no pic

M
mahmichael
Hi all,

Went to North Santiam River for the first time from Stayton up to the dam. Didn't hook a steelhead but caught two normal size rainbow trout! :dance: :rolleyes:
At least I didn't get skunk.

I was so excited at the beginning. My question is why no one was there? Not a single fisherman! Nowhere! Is this a bad time for that river?!!

BTW, I encountered this fella! :lol:

2012-09-09 12.32.44.jpg

troutdude
troutdude
Mike, you do realize that as a BEAVER...it is your SWORN duty to instantly (and with great speed) run over any and ALL ducks...riiiiiight? LOL

But seriously...glad you got some trout today. Good for you!

M
mahmichael
Hahaha, actually that came to my mind! But you know, that duck had nothing to do with it!

Although he stopped in the middle of the road more than normal! weird! :shock: :mad: I bet now he is describing to his buddies how he pissed a beaver off. :lol:

troutdude said:
Mike, you do realize that as a BEAVER...it is your SWORN duty to instantly (and with great speed) run over any and ALL ducks...riiiiiight? LOL

But seriously...glad you got some trout today. Good for you!

C_Run
C_Run
mahmichael said:
Hi all,

Went to North Santiam River for the first time from Stayton up to the dam. Didn't hook a steelhead but caught two normal size rainbow trout! :dance: :rolleyes:
At least I didn't get skunk.

I was so excited at the beginning. My question is why no one was there? Not a single fisherman! Nowhere! Is this a bad time for that river?!!

BTW, I encountered this fella! :lol:"

I think a lot of people forget about steelhead this time of year once salmon fishing starts up at the coast.

F
fishhunter28
I fish the santiam from the gates bridge almost every day.. It's been kinda slow try a small egg cluster or some plugs but watch out for the sheriff they stopped me yesterday askin what i was fishin for i told them steelhead and they were asking me "are you sure there not salmon"? long short i think they are getting reports of people snagging salmon