Fishing in or near Redmond

T

tim

i live in portland and dont know much about the redmond/bend area. ill be working in redmond next week and was hopin to catch the evening bite after work somewhere kinda close. any info would be much appreciated.

C

cookshot

Haystack reservoir is pretty close, it has kokanee, trout, bass and catfish. Prineville reservoir has the same plus crappie. And ochoco reservoir has trout, crappie, and a couple bass. As far as close to Redmond, Haystack is the closest or you could try the deschutes river. All those places are within 45 minutes and have good bank access. Hope that helps. I live in Redmond, you can PM me if you have other questions.

R

Rascal

ill be at eagle crest for soon is there any good fishing right there at the resort? if you know or should i drive to the places you mentioned

F

FishFinger

ill be at eagle crest for soon is there any good fishing right there at the resort? if you know or should i drive to the places you mentioned

My folks live at Eagle Crest, it's one of many excuses to visit em'. The resort has perhaps a 3 mile run of exclusive west side Deschutes access down in the canyon. I've had lots of fun hooking and releasing beautiful browns there for years.

R

Rascal

My folks live at Eagle Crest, it's one of many excuses to visit em'. The resort has perhaps a 3 mile run of exclusive west side Deschutes access down in the canyon. I've had lots of fun hooking and releasing beautiful browns there for years.

thanks ill have to try that. do you got any tips on spinners or fly choices

C

cookshot

Yeah I haven't fished that area much, or any of the rivers actually yet. You could get to some high lakes depending on how adventurous you are feeling.