Fishin two poles

C
c_chickens
its nice because u can use the live-bait an throw out some plastic!

P
pdx89
well yea.. but i just use some medal.. but plastic is also good... what would really be nice is to include ocean to the two-rod list for bank guys... since ocean is one big lake ;):cool:
... some states even have similar laws, and some dont require any license for bank fishing the ocean ... would work great for me, as i only go to the coast few times per year

B
beaverfan
I would think two rods in the ocean would be a bit rough. You'd be awful busy.

F
Froggy
So far it's cost me 2 bass jigs that I lost while also trolling for trout, but I'm still loving the 2 rod license. Definitely has issues that come up when fishing solo but for trolling it's great. I'd recommend using a spreader or going to the exteremes of light and heavy weight when trollling 2 rods.

P
pdx89
beaverfan said:
I would think two rods in the ocean would be a bit rough. You'd be awful busy.

yea, it could, see your point... but i was thinking more when fish are not really bitting, that could increase your chanches or at least have a quicker way to find what their bitting. for exaple, if the ocean is not too wild you could have one rod with bait(shrimp) on the bottom or bobber fish it and with the other throw out some light jigs :) just a thought

B
bigfootfish
second pole

second pole

I just got my second pole license. Love it!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

BFF

F
fishcrappie
ODFW is looking at using it for all waters as it is bringing in quite a bit of money. Might even get enforcement to check anglers with that second rod. On the Snake catfishermen use extra rods 24/7 and enforcement picks up all the extras they claim aren't theirs. Last 4th between Brownlee and Huntungton they filled a pick up with rods and reels over the 4th of July weekend.

D
dawgchaw
Great question. You could think of it as another tool in you tackle box, however; I don't think I could use the option cause I can't keep up with one rod.