First summer steel!

M
mgdguy
Nice fish dude! :clap:

M
msteuck
Thanks everyone. It's not my first steel, its actually my second. The other one was so long ago that its a distant memory! can't wait to put a few more on the ol tag though. I do believe that i need to find somewhere with a lot less pressure though. The 2 previous weekend's before the Santiam slay i spent down on the mckenzie, along with what seems like every other fisherman in the state! And the amount of garbage around is mind boggling. Every time i go out i pick up quite a bit of other peoples trash. I refuse to pick up someone elses nasty ol boxer shorts though, gotta draw the line there. I think this weekend i'll go for some trout somewhere closer to home. The Big Elk or the North fork of the Alsea. Gotta try my new fly setup. Brand new to fly fishin so wish me luck!

K
koboabe
PDXKush said:
So Ninja...I guess its just us who still have the skunk going. I'll be out there next weekend for sure.

I may be new to fishing, but I have yet to catch a steelhead or Salmon...
sadly you are not alone :p

K
koboabe
Nice fish man, Grats

P
PDXKush
koboabe said:
I may be new to fishing, but I have yet to catch a steelhead or Salmon...
sadly you are not alone :p

Well I have caught 7 (5 keepers) spring Salmon this season and 1 steelhead so I guess I wasn't being completely honest. But I havent caught anything drift fishing from the bank.

We will all get her done before the season ends.

BTW...was @ Bonneville Dam today and know there were two 30+ hogs pulled out yesterday and a couple today not to mention my guide friend had a Hog spool his butt. He claims it had to be a 40+ and he was sure it wasn't a sturgeon. Im going to try and go back tomorrow for sure.

K
koboabe
BTW...was @ Bonneville Dam today and know there were two 30+ hogs pulled out yesterday and a couple today not to mention my guide friend had a Hog spool his butt. He claims it had to be a 40+ and he was sure it wasn't a sturgeon. Im going to try and go back tomorrow for sure.

Damn!!!
are you fishing from a boat?
I have never fished in the Columbia.

P
PDXKush
Yes we were hog lining just below the dam. Id say there were a dozen boats. Not much I saw caught yesterday. A few take downs and drive byes.

D
Drake2137
Steelie

Steelie

Great looking steelie and congrats, you will be hooked now forever haha....

I am new here also, so i will introduce myself as well. I have been on here as a lurker for a long while. I am 32 yrs, live in Albany OR with my g/f, 2 dogs and our 11 yr old daughter. We all spend as much time as possible outdoors fishing, camping, etc...I am a recent grad of OSU, so i'm looking to land a decent job. Gives me a little more time to fish. I currently work for myself part-time. In the past I have worked in natural resources for ODFW, and Hewlett Packard.

I am an avid outdoors as most of us, and spend as much time as possible outdoors. I spend a lot of time chasing deer, turkeys, but my real passsion has always been waterfowl. I spend most of my fall chasing big game and waterfowl. I also fish as much as possible. I am a salmon/steelhead fisherman, lake trout, kokanee, and sturgeon (which can be a blast). I have caught my fair share or salmon, steelhead, trout and sturgeon. I have friends that I fish for throughout the valley. I am always looking for other to fish with. Hope to meet some new folks on here. Have fun!!

P
PDXKush
Welcome Drake !! good to have you aboard.