First summer run!

H
hawgcaller
Was basically my first time ever fishing for summer runs, aside from one effort back in like november. I met a fellow OFF'er. It was nice meeting you dtikey. Thanks for all the help and advice, you are pretty much guide status. He tells me what they like and bam three casts later fish on. It wasn't the prettiest show ever. I looked pretty ridiculous out there without my belt giving crack shots. lol. Sorry if I messed up your vision but it is certainly a memory that will be with me for a while, thanks again.

Reactions: eugene1
F
Finneus Polebender
Nice steelie!

H
hawgcaller
Ya, I was kind of glad I put down the swimbait rod today. I needed a break from those pesky 5lbers. :lol:

R
rippin fish lips
nice fish bro. I smell haa ha.mers haaha. but have lost 2 and landed 0. Mine will come, and your second./... then your 3rd.... then before you even know it you will reach the double digits. Such an awesome feeling!! I bet the fight was good to!!

H
hawgcaller
I was a little off my game and the river was up way higher than it was last time I was there. It gave me a pretty good smoking one time and took a pretty nice run.

troutdude
troutdude
Right on Hawgcaller...nicely done! And kudos to dtikey for lending a hand!

E
eugene1
I like seeing all of the steel pix!

Nice job Hawg,

D
dtikey
like I said on the river great job and no problem always nice to see firsts for people.Thats what keeps the sport alive and new ideas from people.Glad I could help and yes my vision is returning from the crack shot.lol

D
dtikey
and sorry the pic sucked shoulda had you roll towards you but didn't notice till I seen it on here.It was a fat little chromer for sure

H
hawgcaller
That is a picture that my girlfriend took, She sent it right to the computer or something fancy and was able to load it on my messed up computer. lol. I think the picture you took was nicer. Post it if you want, I couldn't

H
hawgcaller
And yes, her picture sucked, yours is much better.:lol: Thanks for posting that, I don't know why I was having so much trouble. I need a new computer I think.

D
dtikey
hawgcaller said:
And yes, her picture sucked, yours is much better.:lol: Thanks for posting that, I don't know why I was having so much trouble. I need a new computer I think.

No prob hawgcaller and again good job today buddy we didn't touch any after you left you got the only biter today

B
bran_man
Nice chromer cookie cutter there! I love that spot! But I HATE that tree behind you in the pic ha ha

J
jawjacker
Nice fish Pat!

H
hawgcaller
Not sure if it was that exact tree behind me or one real close but I watched a guy whiff a hookset and snap his GL3. Definitely would be tragic. lol

D
dtikey
hawgcaller said:
Not sure if it was that exact tree behind me or one real close but I watched a guy whiff a hookset and snap his GL3. Definitely would be tragic. lol

that same guy came up to the jetty after you left and bounced his other rod on the rocks slapping it down.Not a smart move but I did chuckle to myself.The best part was he had a bite everyother cast too and just kept on swinging for the fences