Finally a Cabela's much closer to home

J
jeffcycles
waco said:
thats a good point you got there but sometimes local litle tackle shops sell more expencive than bigger stores!!!

That was my point. I'm happy to spend a little extra on tackle here and there as a way of supporting smaller businesses.

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
BobbiDollPDX said:
Sorry, I'm still voting for more jobs. Mom and Pop hardware stores aren't going to put Oregonians back to work and people who aren't working are going to have to shop at larger chains in order to save money.

Once we get some money back in the state, then more people will have the choice of whether to shop with their hearts or their wallets.

True Bobbi but I'll be willing to bet Cabelas will be the end of Fishermans Marine. Then it won't matter how you feel in your heart. I know fishermans is bigger than a ma and pa shop but next to Cabelas it might be.

B
BobbiDollPDX
OnTheFly said:
True Bobbi but I'll be willing to bet Cabelas will be the end of Fishermans Marine. Then it won't matter how you feel in your heart. I know fishermans is bigger than a ma and pa shop but next to Cabelas it might be.

Well I stopped shopping at Fisherman's mostly due to their prices. Part of it is how they treat me like some kind of poser.

Fisherman's sale prices are higher than BiMart's regular prices and if I need a bigger selection than what BiMart offers, I go to Sportsman's. Their prices are reasonable and the staff is friendly and helpful without being condescending.

I don't plan to shop at Cabela's. I think it's great that there will be new jobs in town and I'm sure having them as a shopping option will make some people very happy.

brandon4455
brandon4455
kirkster said:
I second what you say about using an already empty building. But I could just hear the CEO's of cabelas now. " no way way were using a second hand store. Our merchandise is to top of the line to be selling it in a second hand building. " IMO cabelas, basspro bunch of over priced upity pre madonna.$*#$@&
Ok enough said
could not have said it better i agree

O
OnTheFly
Right again! I truely believe that customer service is key. I think that's why Home Base went under and Home Depot flourished. The staff plays an important part by treating customers with courtesy which bring them back to shop. I do like quality stuff though. Some of those things are only found in small outfits rather than in a big chain.

E
eggs
Well at least I can buy my tapered leaders for cheeap on the way home, no more ordering10 packs to cover shipping..I support local fly shops with everything but tapered leaders... 9bucks for 2 at the fly shop or 6 bucks for 3 made y the same comapany..

brandon4455
brandon4455
i just stick to local bait shop[s on the way to the river and bi-mart or walk mart and when they don't have what i want i buy it online. the only thing i am going to purchase from cabelas is my fly outfit. it's pretty cheap for a pre spooled 8wt