Fin clipped vs. wild steelhead.

Fin clipped vs. wild steelhead.

• I would like there to be more hatchery steelhead availible for harvest.

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Doesn't matter to me. I just enjoy catching steelhead.

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • The hatcheries should be taken out.

Votes: 9 22.5%

• Total voters
H
halibuthitman
I like my fish like I like breast... I would rather hold the ones god made.... but the ones man makes are ok if they are really big-

brandon4455
E
eggs
F
FlyBum
I like my fish like I like breast... I would rather hold the ones god made.... but the ones man makes are ok if they are really big-

I'm lovin it! Natural beauties!

O
OnTheFly
That's funny Brad and using your analogy, and based on the opinions by the majority of these posts, most of us would just like to take them home regardless of size or alteration by man.

Steelhead....right??

F
fishyden
What would fishing be today if the first person to catch a fish decided not to eat it?
Having both is ok with me. I'm happy if I catch any. Happier if one gets to go on the grill.

Last edited:
K
kerrydaleherring
my applause goes to ODFW for their truly amazing acts of restoring fisheries that because of over fishing and natural catastrophes have taken a toll on the ALL of the native fisheries. without their amazing work and efforts most of the fish that call Oregon their home wouldn't be thriving as they should. my hats off to most of the fisherman that obey the regs so that our kids can enjoy being able to have the choice to return a hatchery or not. me personally would keep one, I go fishing on the river cause its my way of escaping life momentarily, catching a fish regardless of species is simply a blessing. A buddy at work has a degree in fish management in another state and said that ODFW and their programs is well ahead of the rest and that is truly awesome.

K
kerrydaleherring
a

Last edited: