Fender help!

Do any of you in the Eugene Springfield area have the ability to build fenders for my boat trailer? I can't afford much. Nothing fancy just need to make it legal. I have drug it down the road a couple of times but I am nervous about getting a ticket.

If you were closer, it would be an easy deal. I am a cretified welder, both wet, and dry. I do a lot of Steel fab for local 4x4 enthusiests. Mostly tube work, but I can roll sheet too. Check your local U-Pull-It lots. I've found trailer fenders in a few of those lots around my neck of the woods.

If you were closer, it would be an easy deal. I am a cretified welder, both wet, and dry. I do a lot of Steel fab for local 4x4 enthusiests. Mostly tube work, but I can roll sheet too. Check your local U-Pull-It lots. I've found trailer fenders in a few of those lots around my neck of the woods.

I used to weld a little myself and have built quite a few things but I sold my welder a couple of years ago.
I think I need to build custom fenders and brackets because of the limited mounting on this trailer. I don't think it was built to have fenders on it.

Mike, if u have a Junior College close to u, they used to have welding classes. You mite get someone in a class to do it fer u......................:D

Best O Luck Bro.........................:cool:

Mike, if u have a Junior College close to u, they used to have welding classes. You mite get someone in a class to do it fer u......................:D

Best O Luck Bro.........................:cool:
Yeah, for sure, check out LCC. They used to have kids starving to get their hands on work.

I have a welder and all the goods in eugene. I do not have anything to make fenders out of. The fenders on my boat trailer were made from inner fenders off of an old van. They could look better if I was to put a little efert into it. It was years ago when I put them on long before I knew how to weld and fabricate. Let me know if you want some help.

U could put an ad in Craigslist fer boat trailer fenders. Some of them are also plastic/fiberglas. Take a look at the local auto wrecking yard fer something u can use as fenders.

10-4......................................:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for all the ideas everybody. Unfortunately premade fenders are not going to work because this trailer has no way to mount them. I need to have some brackets made on my trailer first.

Thanks for all the ideas everybody. Unfortunately premade fenders are not going to work because this trailer has no way to mount them. I need to have some brackets made on my trailer first.

Thats what the welder is for. It can't be that hard to make some brackets for that.

Thats what the welder is for. It can't be that hard to make some brackets for that.
Yep thats what I am working on. I have to move some rollers on the trailer first because there isn't any clearance between the rollers and the tires. Like I said before. it is a weird trailer and wasn't made for fenders.

Well I solved the fender problem today. I bought another trailer!:D My wife about came unglued when she got home.:shock: I guess I had better get the other one sold, quick.:D

Top Bottom