February Chrome

B
BlackBass
Had a chance to get out and dome some fishing, headed to the Nestucca fished 4th bridge area. I started fishing bobber/shrimp with out any bites, switched over to some cherise yarn with some scent, and landed a nice 8 lb native. Shortly after i switched over to flame orange yarn and landed another nice 10 lb hen. Both fish were caught using bobber and yarn, released unharmed Look at the home made float it works , but i understand the lol's that its gonna get 1/2 of a 1 oz WS float . Sorry bout the cell phone pics.

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice looking fish man!

C
Cohosanders
Dem nates sure are perdy...:clap:

M
Mad dog
Very nice fish!

B
bernduffy
So you catch a nice one with a taped over cork bobber,,,and I am skunked with a $7 Drennan float. Who's laughin at who...?

B
BlackBass
As long as it floats right. Not actually a taped up cork bobber but close, its the bottom half of a 1 oz west coast float. If you look close enough next to my boot, is my bobber stop any guess to what i used?

Last edited:
T
todd_brooks
Nice! I love to see fish caught with some handy work/ self made improved gear. Camo bob looks stealthy and I thought I might be the only one to use a corky for a stop in a pinch OK maybe not ,but. It still gives me a little hope that the out of the norm can pay off now and again.

J
jeffcycles
As long as it floats right. Not actually a taped up cork bobber but close, its the bottom half of a 1 oz west coast float. If you look close enough next to my boot, is my bobber stop any guess to what i used?

Perhaps a corky with a toothpick jammed in it?

B
BlackBass
On the other side of my foot , you can see the rubber band i used for my float stop. I only use this method when im fishing 5-6' deep. I dont like to reel the rubber band into the eyes of my rod I fish goofy sometimes, but never overlook the important factors to catching steelhead, presentation presentation presentation.