Favorite flies

E
eggs
I will never fish anything other then The Bud Light Special!

O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
I will never fish anything other then The Bud Light Special!

I better get busy then!:D;) Here's the recipe: Hook, feathers, crystal flash, and plenty of cold Bud Light!

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
Has anyone tried a fly called the Borden Special, for bluebacks (sea-run cutts)?

I just added a pic of a Borden Special, as my new avatar; so you can see the pattern.

If you have experience w/ this fly, please let me know if it works as well I have heard. I bought some, but have not yet tried them.

This fly was designed by Monroe resident Bob Borden, on the Alsea...specifically to catch bluebacks.

Thank you.

Last edited:
M
Mike123
troutdude said:
Has anyone tried a fly called the Borden Special, for bluebacks (sea-run cutts)?

I just added a pic of a Borden Special, as my new avatar; so you can see the pattern.

If you have experience w/ this fly, please let me know if it works as well I have heard. I bought some, but have not yet tried them.

This fly was designed by Monroe resident Bob Borden, on the Alsea...specifically to catch bluebacks.

Thank you.

I was just lookin at your avatar pic. That is an amazing fly! Looks like it would slay the SRC's! I've used a couple different shrimp patterns that have the same colors and they work well.

B
bigsteel
FishFiddle said:
Hey BigSteel, can you post a photo of your peacock stimulator? I'm having a hard time finding one and I like the sound of it.

here ya go

F
FishFiddle
Hey Thanks! Is that a deer hair wing? Do you have some flash in there too?

G
GDBrown
My small box

My small box

OnTheFly said:
Are you talking about a Carey Special?

Yea, that will work too.:confused:

For me it is PMDs for most of my dry with a Royal Wolfe or Adams now and then. Although that big Salmon fly did get that Steelhead to rise with some gusto last week!:shock:
I finally managed to catch a few trout on nymphs last week as well and I think they all took the Copper John or the Prince. I have had good luck with the San Juan Worm from time to time and this time of year my go to is the hopper patterns along the bank undercuts.

And I can't leave out OTF's green crystal woolly bugger!

GD

B
bigsteel
its an elk hair wing with 5 strands of krystal flash under the elk haIR

Y
Yohan
Dry: Elk Hair Caddis & Royal Wulff
Nymph: Prince Nymph & Red San Juan Worm
Streamer: Black Wooley Bugger (or the circus peanut when in MT)