Father's Day Present

C
cavdad45
For Father's Day, I took my father-in-law on a guided walleye trip in the Columbia River. He had never seen or heard of walleye before.

Last edited:
cavdad45 said:
For Father's Day, I took my father-in-law on a guided walleye trip in the Columbia River. He had never seen or heard of walleye before.

Whoa....what a nice treat for Father's Day! Is that an average size? I have never caught a walleye. Do they fight very hard and are they good to eat?

What Guide? Ed Iman?

Fatty

Fatty

cavdad45;
What a great treat! :dance: That is a nice fatty. Is it an average size for walleye? Looks like it's about 6 pounds...maybe? I bet he will be back next year. Did you have it for dinner? Congratulations,making points with dad-in-law is always good. :clap: :D
Be safe.
Barb

Walleye are Fun To Catch, If you know how to catch them.

I like Trolling and Jigging for them. Your wifes Wedding ring Spinners and Large Jig heads painted Chartruse with a red End make a Great jig too.

Walleye have a Wierd vision Table. They can only see certain colors for Certain distances.

We went with Touche of FlyByNite Guide service in Rufus. We were running worm harnesses in shallow water (15-20'). The picture does not do it justice because it measured 28" and was estimate 7-8lbs.

We ate all the little ones and let him take that one home. Everyone I take with me catches the big ones and I can't break the 16" barrier. :think:

Rufus is Where I go for Walleye.
Trolling and Jigging.

Did you guys go to the Rock Pit?

Nice fish, looks like i need to get me a boat so I can chase em:lol:.