Endless topwater summer

F
Finneus Polebender
Well just got done stickin that 5 + lber in the face again , not quite good enuff though she got loose man that girl hammers stuff!! got the smallest one yet on the new sebile as a consolation though.... 012.jpg011.jpg

C
colbypearson
jawjacker said:
I got my birds yesterday and took um out to the getting spot. Had a few missed strikes nothing big but you never know. That damn wind realy started howling around 10 P.M. so I had to put the king daddy on just to cast then the rains came and I left. Those lil chicken legs are a real cute touch LMFAO. A little tip I have picked up lately and has been working well for me is adding a split ring to some of my frogs to get more lateral action when I walk them in. I think it will be just the ticket on those lil birdies.

if you get your rod tip pointed towards the water and make your braid bend into a c shape from the rod tip to the water and you just snap the line most frogs will walk with some you can get get them to do repeated 90 degree turns and almost walk them in place i like this method more than a split ring because the braid slips inside the split ring to easily, and you can do it with the frogs straight from the package, i fish the river2sea bullywa frogs mostly the biggest two sizes! they are great frogs.

J
jawjacker
if you get your rod tip pointed towards the water and make your braid bend into a c shape from the rod tip to the water and you just snap the line most frogs will walk with some you can get get them to do repeated 90 degree turns and almost walk them in place i like this method more than a split ring because the braid slips inside the split ring to easily, and you can do it with the frogs straight from the package, i fish the river2sea bullywa frogs mostly the biggest two sizes! they are great frogs.
Thats a good point about the split ring I didn't even think about that and thank God it hasn't happend to me even though its bound to happen. I just started adding them to some of my frogs like the Deps Basirisky hard belly. Its shaped differently than your typical hollow body so ya pretty much real them in. When It comes to frogs I like the big ones I'v been doing good on the 1oz. Spro king daddy and can't wait to get some 7/8oz. Spro jungle frog 30's. Hay Colby weren't you chucking some big proto type frog this summer. How big was that one? I wouldn't mind throwing some bigger stuff around for some slop monsters. I think the heavier frogs get better noticed anyways.

J
jawjacker
Got one on the lil baby bird last night just to say I did. Fished it all the way out as far as I walk around the pond and got three strikes but couldn't hook up. Maybe just an off night. Than I switched back to the king daddy and got a nice lil 3 & a half. Had to make sure I wasn't going to get skunked two nights in a row. Switched back to the White Chested Tree Swallow lol! Slup got him that time. Those reverse barbs take some getting used to in order to pop the hook out. He wasn't going any were. Its getting chilly out their after dark. I could see my breath last night. It was kind of depressing.

C
colbypearson
jawjacker said:
Got one on the lil baby bird last night just to say I did. Fished it all the way out as far as I walk around the pond and got three strikes but couldn't hook up. Maybe just an off night. Than I switched back to the king daddy and got a nice lil 3 & a half. Had to make sure I wasn't going to get skunked two nights in a row. Switched back to the White Chested Tree Swallow lol! Slup got him that time. Those reverse barbs take some getting used to in order to pop the hook out. He wasn't going any were. Its getting chilly out their after dark. I could see my breath last night. It was kind of depressing.

It may depress some but now through december is $$$, big fishing to come! Btw nice bird fish!

F
Finneus Polebender
Have almost retired the topwater gear for the swimbaits hard to do when they are still chasin ! Nice bird fish there JJ!