Egg sinkers or split shots?

i have absolutely no idea what i'm doing to my line unless i have split shot. But ive heard egg sinkers work really good too. the question i have is what kind of lures or bait do i use wiht an egg sinker?

I use an egg sinker when I want the fish to be able to pick up the bait without feeling the resistance of the weight. The line slides through it.

Split-shot is just cheap weight for when that doesn't matter.

IMHO

I use an egg sinker when I want the fish to be able to pick up the bait without feeling the resistance of the weight. The line slides through it.

Split-shot is just cheap weight for when that doesn't matter.

IMHO

In your opinion, would you use an egg sinker with just a hook and a worm?

EDIT: would the egg sinker go above the swivel or below?

In your opinion, would you use an egg sinker with just a hook and a worm?

I'm no expert compared to many here, but that's how I always fish on the bottom. So yeah, that's what I'd do if you aren't using a bobber. When I use a bobber I always use a small thill-type slip float with split-shot.

sinker goes above the swivel on the main line. You can also use a bead between the weight and the swivel to prevent chaffing of the knot, but I don't think that matters as much with light tackle.

thanks for all the input guys. im headed up to hemlock this weekend in search of trout and maybe some early bass if were lucky.

Top Bottom