EE Wilson Friday?

N
nimrod243
troutdude said:
Holy Smokes...Rainbow is correct! It isn't listed on the stocking schedule at all, but the weekly report has 1,000 brookies and 500 rainbows listed for this week. (NOTE: that does NOT mean today necessarily...I still suggest you call the CONFIRMATION number, before proceeding).

However, that will be FUN! It is only an 8 acre pond. So, there will be 187.5 fish per acre! <insert the voice of Mr. Rogers here..."can anyone say 'fish on'...sure I knew you could">!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance::yay::cool::shock::D;):clap::yay::yay::yay:

That is HILARIOUS! (Mr Rogers). LOL!!!!!

troutdude
troutdude
It's a...

It's a...

nimrod243 said:
That is HILARIOUS! (Mr Rogers). LOL!!!!!

Glad u enjoyed my humor!

And now, for another word from our friend Mr. Rogers...

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...hello neighbor...can you say neighbor...sure, I knew you could. Well hello there Mr. Trolley how are you today? DING DING DING. Let's take a trip to the land of Make Believe with Mr. Trolley boys and girls and go say hello to Lady Fairchild...............DING DING.............................................

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
lilsalmon said:
Do they stock in the morning or whenever they get there....I am thinking tuesday morning will be good....not sure where this is even tho I live in Albany. I googled it but seen a couple ponds...could someone point me in the right direction...maybe get a couple hours in before work....:dance:

Hey lilsalmon we need to hit EE sometime. Just head for highway 99W and go north of Corvallis approx. half way to Monmouth. It is on the east side of the road. I just might be heading there tomorrow morning...troutdude has me curious about fishing it now. I've never been there,but what the heck...it might be fun. Be prepared for mud...

L
lilsalmon
Raincatcher said:
Hey lilsalmon we need to hit EE sometime. Just head for highway 99W and go north of Corvallis approx. half way to Monmouth. It is on the east side of the road. I just might be heading there tomorrow morning...troutdude has me curious about fishing it now. I've never been there,but what the heck...it might be fun. Be prepared for mud...

sounds like a plan to me....I am curious also..got my boots but no waders yet but I would hope the mud isn't that deep.:D headin out here soon to hit Eagle Creek today.....or somewhere there abouts. Let me know if you are going....sounds fun. Mud and fish......

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
lilsalmon said:
sounds like a plan to me....I am curious also..got my boots but no waders yet but I would hope the mud isn't that deep.:D headin out here soon to hit Eagle Creek today.....or somewhere there abouts. Let me know if you are going....sounds fun. Mud and fish......

Seriously thinking about tomorrow morning. I understand it's very family friendly. I doubt waders are necessary but some good fitting boots might be the way to go.

L
lilsalmon
Raincatcher said:
Seriously thinking about tomorrow morning. I understand it's very family friendly. I doubt waders are necessary but some good fitting boots might be the way to go.

Let me know if your going...would be great to fish with you again....I am OFF tomorrow so dont have to worry about work.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
lilsalmon said:
Let me know if your going...would be great to fish with you again....I am OFF tomorrow so dont have to worry about work.

Hell yeah! Let's do it. I'll be there around 8:ish. I'll bring the fire pit just in case...
Anyone else?....you know you want to.....

troutdude
troutdude
Raincatcher said:

Rain & Lil, EE Wilson is a few miles north of Adair Village. Going north from Corvallis and / or Adair...turn right at the intersection. (if you go left, you will go to the landfill/dump). Go just past a group of buildings on the right...and into the parking lot...all on the north side of that road. Go through the gate, fill out a permit (no fee that I'm aware of), then hike 1/2 mile to the pond. The fish pond is PAST another pond that will be on your left. Good luck.

And BOOTS are a neccesity! GOOD IDEA.

S
silkiechicken
As far as I know, it no longer requires a day use permit.

L
lilsalmon
troutdude said:
Rain & Lil, EE Wilson is a few miles north of Adair Village. Going north from Corvallis and / or Adair...turn right at the intersection. (if you go left, you will go to the landfill/dump). Go just past a group of buildings on the right...and into the parking lot...all on the north side of that road. Go through the gate, fill out a permit (no fee that I'm aware of), then hike 1/2 mile to the pond. The fish pond is PAST another pond that will be on your left. Good luck.

And BOOTS are a neccesity! GOOD IDEA.

Thanks TD....will be there in the morning with coffee and boots...

S
saltwater143
let us know

let us know

let us know how you all do. I'm going on monday morning. thanks :)

S
simpsoti
Tough decisions... Either heading to EE tomorrow morning or the Alsea for some steelhead. Gonna be a game time decisions. I'll be in a blue 4 runner. Brown rain pants and white sweatshirt. Say hey if I run into you guys out there

L
lilsalmon
simpsoti said:
Tough decisions... Either heading to EE tomorrow morning or the Alsea for some steelhead. Gonna be a game time decisions. I'll be in a blue 4 runner. Brown rain pants and white sweatshirt. Say hey if I run into you guys out there

That is a tough decision...after having one on yesterday and soooo close...I fugured I would give the steelies a break today......:D:lol::lol:

good luck to wherever you end up

L
lilsalmon
What a great little pond.....they stocked it again last night with 500 large....lots of fish....unfortunately, my share and raincatchers share are still there alive and swishin......SKUNKED

everyone else around us did great....limited and went home...:confused:

troutdude
troutdude
Bummer

Bummer

Hey lil,

Thanks for report, but sorry youse guyz got skunked. I'm glad you like the pond. It is a nice place.

What were the other peeps using to catch them?

I'm working all weekend. But, I'm taking Monday off and planning to out to EE Wilson. Maybe we'll see you there?

TD

L
lilsalmon
Same as us....power bait and one guy was using kastmaster, oh and a guy that brought his pontoon in on a wheelbarrow like thing was flyfishing with wooly buggers (spelling?) and he was catching them too.....we used powerbait, lures, rooster tails, shiny thingys, not so shiny thingys, ummm just about everything in the tackle box.....:D...the mud was way fun.....if you stood in one place for too long it took quite a bit of pulling to bring the boot up attached to your foot.....

Actually as we were leaving the only other female there told us the guy that limited was using "something like power bait but garlic"....theres the secret...garlic....I guess.

make sure you take your license on your person......there is a nice lady out there checking them.

I have to work Monday...unless the hospital burns down...:D so have fun and good luck..

troutdude
troutdude
lilsalmon said:
Same as us....power bait and one guy was using kastmaster, oh and a guy that brought his pontoon in on a wheelbarrow like thing was flyfishing with wooly buggers (spelling?) and he was catching them too.....we used powerbait, lures, rooster tails, shiny thingys, not so shiny thingys, ummm just about everything in the tackle box.....:D...the mud was way fun.....if you stood in one place for too long it took quite a bit of pulling to bring the boot up attached to your foot.....

Actually as we were leaving the only other female there told us the guy that limited was using "something like power bait but garlic"....theres the secret...garlic....I guess.

make sure you take your license on your person......there is a nice lady out there checking them.

I have to work Monday...unless the hospital burns down...:D so have fun and good luck..

Hi lil,

It sure sounds like you tried your entire arsenal. I'm not sure that I'd want to keep any garlic in my belly bag...WHEW! Why would trout like garlic...are they Italians? :shock:

Thanks for the heads up on the license. I've only been three times (maybe 4) in 49 years, but it's good to have it when an officer wants to see it. I'd rather not beg for mercy, because my dresser drawer decided to borrow it. :pray:

Have a pleasant weekend, and thanks for the road report.

L
lilsalmon
No problem on the report...I am definitely going back...Nice little lake as the sign says. Not sure why fish like garlic.....hmmmmm, probably that is for another thread....good luck to you

Y
yakker2
:D mikes garlic scent,planters love it.I keep mine in a ziploc bag.if you save and reuse you power eggs,keep them seperate-they will taint anything they have contact with.

L
lilsalmon
Raincatcher and I are going to hit the pond again.....for revenge...:D with garlic....