Download the World's oldest book on fishing

B
beaverfan
:tongue::clap:I would read this but I clicked the link saw yellow and green and freaked out. I think I'm blind.:tongue::clap::clap::dance:

I am actually downloading it. Although I doubt it's gonna help me catch a Salmon but it sure aint gonna hurt.

A
Anyfishisfine
:tongue::clap:I would read this but I clicked the link saw yellow and green and freaked out. I think I'm blind.:tongue::clap::clap::dance:

I am actually downloading it. Although I doubt it's gonna help me catch a Salmon but it sure aint gonna hurt.

It's kind of neat because they had a lot of it figured out. They fished salmon with a float setup just like we do. They also were already concerned about overfishing, that the methods presented must be used with care so as not to destroy the resource.

A
Anyfishisfine
Next time someone asks how to catch a fish I'm posting this:

M
mgdguy
Awesome find! Now if only I spoke old, OLD Engish :think:

And who would have thought that 15th century nuns knew that much about angling? :lol:

M
mgdguy
"And for the fyrst and pryncipall poynt in anglyng: kepe the euer from the water for the syght of the fysshe, eyther ferre vpon the lande, or els behynde a bushe that the fyshe se you not. For if they doo: they wyll not byte."

True words of wisdom :clap:

B
beaverfan
Wow that is both entertaining and right on. I stand corrected, if I could understand it I would probably learn a thing or two.

A
autofisher
I like it. It's a cool piece of info. One other thing I want to know, is how'd you get my mom's highschool picture on here?:tongue:

A
Anyfishisfine
There is also a section on fly patterns believe it or not.

I'm going to end up reading this. After a bit the old English starts to make more sense.

Nothing has changed. It even warns the fisherman to respect property they fish on:

Last edited:
M
mgdguy
There is also a section on fly patterns believe it or not.

I'm going to end up reading this. After a bit the old English starts to make more sense.

Nothing has changed. It even warns the fisherman to respect property they fish on:

It's amazing to think that the general idea of human ethics, be it fishing or otherwise, seems to have been just as recognized over 500 years ago. Really helps connect us to our human ancestors...