Diamond Lake has too many trout

ill dent the population with my fly rod and only two flies. a bead head rubber leg prince and a royal stimulator. if i convince the parents to go to diamond for our camping trip those trout are screwed.

ill dent the population with my fly rod and only two flies. a bead head rubber leg prince and a royal stimulator. if i convince the parents to go to diamond for our camping trip those trout are screwed.

word!! looks like ima have to plan a trip there this summer. My 2 choices would be a thomas spoon, and a copper spinner

Without a doubt the best flies there are olive or black wooly buggers and olive damsel fly nymphs.

lol! Even my wife laughed. You were there in June right?

I was up there in June and fishing 2 rods was pretty much impossible. After you casted out your first rod, you'd get a bite before you could finish baiting up your second rod and cast it out. If you ever got both poles baited up and in the water at the same time it was time to move.

I was up there in June and fishing 2 rods was pretty much impossible. After you casted out your first rod, you'd get a bite before you could finish baiting up your second rod and cast it out. If you ever got both poles baited up and in the water at the same time it was time to move.

No, we were there in October.
:shock:!!!!!! I might need a bigger boat!

I never made it up there last year. Wife & I like to go in Sept. the week after all the kids go back to school. By then the mosqitoes are almost gone, the weather is still great & we can usually get a camp spot right on the lake.

Without a doubt the best flies there are olive or black wooly buggers and olive damsel fly nymphs.

i know a woolly bugger is good at any lake or pond regardless. but i didn't know about the damselfly. im pretty sure a mosquito dry would work too since the hacthes there are crazy. thanks for the fly recomendations though :)

Top Bottom