Decent day!

M
Mad dog
Fished with my oldest today....his one and only August steelhead appearance of 2011....and he didn't dissapoint!!! His steelhead streak for the year is a fish every month dating back to Jan.(actually back to December!). Eight months in a row! Sept. is the bowhunting month but he is feeling the pressure now....he can hit for the cycle and he can catch a steelhead every month in a calendar year! :lol: I told him that he's screwed!!! Got to fish in sept. now! :D He wound up going 2 for 4 today, released a nice nate early and punched a nice cookie cutter hatchery later. He also lost a nice bright fish that he hooked on a double fly set up on a fly that he picked out of my box.....well that particular fly had set around in my box all winter, apperently.....the fly had become a bit rusty and he broke the steelie off at the bend of the hook! :shock: I guess that'll teach him to steal tackle out of my box !Broke right at the bend of the hook! OH MAN!!! :rolleyes:

David with a nice looking hatchery cookie ctter!
002-14.jpg

I fished hard and finally hooked a nice steelhead around 11:30......My only steelhead bite of the day!
003-13.jpg

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
You sure have a lot of decent days! Nice job!

T
Thuggin4Life
You guys need to stay home more. lol nice fish!

troutdude
troutdude
Agreed. Stay home; so we can get some of them! LOL

But seriously...nice lookin' fish and nice lookin' day on the water. Nicely done.

M
Mad dog
Oppp's....It's supposed to be "A decent day" with the thumbs up symbol! :doh::doh:

On a side note....I fished better the other day when I was hungover! :D

E
eat, sleep, fish
A couple nice looking fish!

F
Finneus Polebender
Looks like a good day from here nice steelies

A
Airs98
Nice fish and great pictures!

No fish is safe when you guys hit the river :)

S
skunk
Glad you guys are down there getting all the fish and not up where I am. Wait, other way around and I'd have an excuse for all the fish I'm not catching!!!