Day/parking fees for Umpqua River parks and launches

B
BrianG
I have been trying to find out if there any fees associated with the parks around the Umpquas. ie river forks, Cleveland rapids, John day ect. They are suspicious absent from all the websites.

O
Oregunner
Used to have to pay, but they have discontinued it. Free to park.

Reactions: plumbertom
B
BrianG
Jees that's a surprise. I think that may be first time I have heard of the government deciding not to charge people for something.

It is also kind of strange since they could not have the graffiti nights car show at river forks this year because they wanted to charge too much.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Thank your local county commissioners Tom Kress and Chris Boice. They were behind getting rid of fees.

Reactions: plumbertom and troutdude
jamisonace
jamisonace
BrianG said:
Jees that's a surprise. I think that may be first time I have heard of the government deciding not to charge people for something.

It is also kind of strange since they could not have the graffiti nights car show at river forks this year because they wanted to charge too much.
I don't know the details but I've wondered if Graffiti was getting the park for nothing and the county decided they should pay something fair and Graffiti got butt hurt. I heard a rumor that the money they were asked to pay was nominal. River Forks is a great venue and commercial events should have to pay for it. IMO