Cured eggs?

J
juggernaut506
I usually just buy Guides Choice and cure them again using Amerman's. Last year I tried Pro Cure Wizard Cure and had good luck with them. It seems like with the Wizard Cure the eggs stayed on better then they do when I use Amerman's.

S
Surejam
Yeah, I think I will Frankenstein them .... see what I can come up with.

C
carl hungis
Surejam said:
Yeah, I think I will Frankenstein them .... see what I can come up with.

hey bro,

I don't want to hurt anybodies feelies..I would start with a fresh product.. sunrise bait has frozen skiens. go fresh brother!!!!!!!!!

C
cobias
guides choice

guides choice

You can catch steelhead on GC eggs. I have many a time. Steel arent as pickey as salmon. If you want to make guides choice eggs better, add sugar. Just moisten the eggs up with a distlled water, coat with confectioners sugar, let them juice up and reabsorb. If the water made em too soft....put em on a paper towel and let them tack up a bit. The sugar will toughen them up as well. Amermans cure/eggs were good when i first used them but after a few years his eggs and cure went down hill. The best way is to get fresh eggs and do straight borax....if they are going to be in the freezer for more than a few months do the sugar, salt, borax cure. That will keep them from freezer burning.

S
Surejam
Good to know... they work in a pinch !

Since I had already purchased the GC eggs, I went ahead and tried them on Thursday but had no kuck anyway. I might add the sugar to them and go back out and see.

I will certainly be going with fresh eggs as soon as that is an option.