Cure Ban

H
here2fish
xtremenorthwest said:
There are Foods with Sulphites they better ban before it kills human's:lol:

Any food in the four major food groups (boxes, bags, cans or bottles) may contain sulphites. Fresh fruits and vegetables may also be sprayed with sulphites to extend shelf life. Some products may list sulphites on labels, while others do not. Some foods contain naturally occurring sulphites, such as grapes. Below is a partial list.

Alcoholic/non-alcoholic beer, cider, wine, colored alcohols

Baked goods, e.g., breads, cookies, pastries, waffles
Bottled lemon and lime juice/concentrate

Canned/frozen/dried/glazed fruits and vegetables
Some fresh fruits and vegetables
Fruit filling, fruit syrup, gelatin, jams, marmalade, molasses, pectin

Fruit/vegetable juices
Potatoes, e.g., frozen French fries, dehydrated, mashed, peeled
Tomato paste/pulp/puree

Cereal, cornmeal, cornstarch, crackers, muesli

Condiments, e.g., coleslaw, horseradish, ketchup, mustard, pickles, relish, sauerkraut

Deli meat, hot dogs, sausages

Dressings, gravies, guacamole, sauces, soups, soup mixes

Dried herbs, spices, tea, coffee

Fish, including crustaceans and shellfish
Shake-on meat coatings

Snack foods, e.g., candy, chocolate/fruit bars, tortilla/potato chips, soft drinks, trail mix

Soy products

Starches, e.g., corn, potato, sugar beet, noodles, rice mixes

Sugar syrups, e.g., glucose, glucose solids, syrup dextrose

Vinegar, wine vinegar

*Some foods have naturally occurring sulphites, such as grapes and pork, so it’s difficult to eliminate them. The degree to which you minimize consumption is up to you and what you can tolerate. Winemakers typically add sulphites as a preservative or use metabisulphite as a cleaning agent for bottles. See Eating Safe / Drinking Safe.

I think that they won't ban cures with sulphites because it would put a big hit to my business and others...

And that my friend is why I buy organic.

Why buy stuff with disgusting preservatives when the fresh stuff is all available locally.

BUY LOCAL!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
here2fish said:
I wish you would put your 2 cents in here as often as ifish.

Tru dat yo!

K
Kodiak
Jacks Tackle said:
this actually came about from a request for money from the Oregon R & E board. It is just a study that at this time still has a lot of holes in it. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

RB

It's a load of garbage and has holes you could drive a truck through. ODFW needs to focus on avian predation and why they can't get smolt to the ocean, not penalizing sport fisherman every time they turn around.

J
Jacks Tackle
Kodiak said:
It's a load of garbage and has holes you could drive a truck through. ODFW needs to focus on avian predation and why they can't get smolt to the ocean, not penalizing sport fisherman every time they turn around.

There is a lot more too it then just ODFW.

M
Mike123
Are they just trying to ban sulfite type cures?

If so 20 Mule Team is going to be making MUCHO DINERO!

K
Kodiak
Jacks Tackle said:
There is a lot more too it then just ODFW.

Would really like to know what you know...and I'm sure so would everybody else. If you know more than the rest of us please share.

H
here2fish
Kodiak said:
Would really like to know what you know...and I'm sure so would everybody else. If you know more than the rest of us please share.

what he said.....thats what Im saying Mr Jacks tackle, we need you here!

J
Jacks Tackle
Jacks Tackle said:
this actually came about from a request for money from the Oregon R & E board. It is just a study that at this time still has a lot of holes in it. Lets not get ahead of ourselves.

RB

Read my first post about the subject and go look into the R&E money ( Lottery money) I just happen to have a very good friend on the board that told me about this last year and that it was coming.

If this was a real case we would see lots of dead smolts in our rivers every year.

Like I said lets not go screaming that the sky is falling all over the internet.

J
Jacks Tackle
I will also add that this was pushed pretty heavy from a rep from the commercial side that is also on the board.

You have an uphill battle against the nets. Dont let this distract you from that battle.

M
Markcanby
From what I know from being in the sewer industry there is more sulfates in a cup of laundromat water than all teh cures used in the hole state. Sounds fishy to me

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Jacks Tackle said:
I will also add that this was pushed pretty heavy from a rep from the commercial side that is also on the board.

You have an uphill battle against the nets. Dont let this distract you from that battle.

That would be some sound advice.

K
Kodiak
Jacks Tackle said:

Like I said this is in retaliation for the attempted gill net ban in Salem. The person that made sure that the ban died in committee is soon to be chair of the ways and means committee. Looks like I'll be making some phone calls. Thanks for the heads up Rob....You should come down to the meeting tomarrow night. Could use all the help with this we can get.

K
Kodiak
Jacks Tackle said:
Like I said lets not go screaming that the sky is falling all over the internet.

It's much harder for back door B.S. like this to happen when exposed to the general public. It's even easier to stop this garbage early when they know the general public is bit more up to speed and angry.

H
here2fish
Kodiak said:
It's much harder for back door B.S. like this to happen when exposed to the general public. It's even easier to stop this garbage early when they know the general public is bit more up to speed and angry.

F'in A I hate special interest!!!

and thats exactly what this boils down to.

I wish I had money and say so.

P
platteflyfisher
wish you all would stop putting your cure in my wine because it sure makes me really puffy in the morning. :lol::lol:

R
rainman
GraphiteZen said:
Oh oh.... THIS is not going to turn out well... :confused:

Aretha Franklin said it best: RESPECT.
Say what you want to say. I for one want to hear your opinion.
But please, please, use a little respect and common sense.

B
Brian Dupree
I'm with Kodiak. I think they are watching all of us.:shock:

K
Kodiak
Brian Dupree said:
I'm with Kodiak. I think they are watching all of us.:shock:

It's not that they are watching us, its that the netters have figured out who some of the biggest mouth pieces for these groups are and the easiest way to force the most fisherman off the water, trying to protect themselves from those that would see conservation of our resorce as a priority. The fewer fisherman on the water, the less of a voice we have.

Top Bottom