Cullaby 6/5

C
cavdad45
Tried Cullaby Lake yesterday. Fishing was poor. Very windy temp 60degrees, while the water temp was 71. Boat control was extremely difficult precluding the use of plastics or jigs.

My son caught one bass about 4 pounds on a chatterbait. I caught one about 3 pounds on a spinnerbait. Caught another that was only 4 inches long on a big 1/2oz tandem spinnerbait and another about 6 inches on the same thing.

Tried panfishing with wigglers and crawlers, but top no avail. Thursday's storm and associated barometric drop? I don't know. Used to do better.

Last edited:
H
Hawk
thatz a Reel Beauty Bro.....................:D:D:D......................:cool::cool::cool:

C
cavdad45
She's still there for the next angler. ;)

C
c_13_b
What areas of the lake did u fish?? I have only tried there a few times from bank, no luck. You think darker colors would work well cuz the water is soo stained??

C
c_13_b
cavdad45 said:
She's still there for the next angler. ;)

I like to hear that by the way...good choice. :clap:

C
cavdad45
c_13_b said:
What areas of the lake did u fish?? I have only tried there a few times from bank, no luck. You think darker colors would work well cuz the water is soo stained??

The spinnerbait was white. The chatterbait was black/blue. The big spinnerbait was perch colored that caught the little bass.

F
fishgriller
ive always wanted to fish cullaby with a boat or float tube er somethin but i dont have a boat so i just fish the bank

D
Dementedfish
I love the amber color on that bass. Nice report!

F
FishTastic
Hit Cullaby this last weekend and had a blast! My cousins are visiting from far away so I took them fishing all week. Sunday at Cullaby was fantastic, set up the youngest with a trout pattern salty tube rigged texas style and, the oldest was throwing frog pattern custom 3/8 ounce colorado / indiana spinnerbait with a black double tail trailer. I was chuckin' a patriotic red white and blue double indiana 3/8 ounce spinnerbait. There was a girl in the gang and she was wise to choose a 5 inch floating perch pattern rapala! That rapala was worth a 7 pound 2 ounce moss pig! The cath of the day indeed. I will post a pic when I figure out how:lol: The rest of us got our share of bass, each of the 4 people fishing got at least 8 fish in the 4 hours we were there. All bass were released immediatly after getting their picture taken and all were unharmed ( well aside from being hooked in the mouth ).

Last edited:
C
c_13_b
Thanks for the report. Were you in a boat or banking it??

F
FishTastic
in the boat. Cullaby looks like a challenge to bank fish. I did not notice a heck of a lot of bank access at the south end and the north end appeared to be a lot of private property. I bet a bank fishermen could do well with top waters off the public dock first thing in the morning though.

F
fishgriller
yeah i went today i was using a black buzzbait through the lily pads and had a strike from a big 6+ pounder but didn't get a good hook set so he came off other than that just a few runts

and i was fishing from the bank

Last edited:
X
X24
The Fishing has been good at Cullaby. Although this is not a good lake for the novice fisherman, however there are some nice hogs in there. I just caught a 6.8 pound large mouth the other morning at about 8:30. The bank is super hard to work but if your willing to do a little bush whacking then you can get to some nice non-fished spots.

Are there any other lakes in the North West region that do well?

I am new to the area and fishing Oregon is far different from fishing Pittsburgh Pa. I miss the big ass cat fish.

F
fishgriller
where and what were u using?

X
X24
I was on the dock over on the Carnahan side. I was throwing a perch colored spinner.

F
fishgriller
blue fox? what size?

F
fishgriller
i went out yesterday and caught a nice 4-6 lb bass

X
X24
Nice! What did you catch it on?:clap:

F
fishgriller
i caught him on a yellow matzuo 3/8 ounce kamikaze spinnerbait and 6 lb test line haha:D

T
Taylormade
I have done quite well in this lake, seems to hold a healthy amount of crawfish and the bass love to feed on them. I do quite well using jigs in this lake flipping in the heavy timber and brush, have caught some nice lunkers doing so!!!:)