Crazy question

K
kcdan
I am going to Astoria for some sturgeon fishing in a week and I am wondering how much does a guy have to worry about the effects of the salt content of the estuary on my boat. I have an aluminum jet boat I imagine the salinity isn't very high but I could be wrong just curious.:think:

A
ArcticAmoeba
Give it a thourough hose water wash after your trip. You should be just fine fine. My bud takes his 18 foot, pump drive sled out there and never has problems with salt water screwing it up. He even goes out in the coastal bays for bottom fishin trips on multiple occasions every Summer. I think you'll be fine, especially 'round Astoria.

J
joemomma
Have ya got zinc's on your motor and boat, and wash your trailer too!

S
Seefood Man
When your your on the way home just back into a ramp on the upper Columbia and run up your motors while on the trailer. This also rinses out your trailer and brakes as well.

F
Fish Fight
The Estuary is salty, there's crabbing that goes on there. I don't know how far up river the salt is but you will be in it if you are fishing where everyone else is.

I run a 20' NW Jet all over the place, I've had it out to the 125 line chasing tuna many times, out halibut fishing many times and she still looks like a well used 10 year old boat. Just clean it and no one will ever know.

Eye Candy

Last edited by a moderator:
K
kcdan
Thanks for the replys guys I am looking forward to this trip.