Crane in the early Spring

G
GrillMaster
I am lucky enough to have a few of Troutski's maps; you are a lucky guy.
Nice picture, makes my casting finger twitch:clap:

T
Thuggin4Life
Glad you had a good time! Gonna have to check out craine sometime. Took my boat about halfway to the dam this weekend fishing in wickiup.

G
GrillMaster
That can be a very ruff ride at times, big water and mountain wind.

S
sunsalem
2012 on CP

2012 on CP

Hello everyone, first post.

When I get back to my Sunriver place sometime later in the month, I'll be gearing up for a trip to my favorite reservior in my 12 footer.
Usually I go in the summer, but this time around I am going for an early season trip.

What is different about CP in terms of tactics?
As a gear guy, I enjoy casting, trolling, and still-fishing.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:think:

K
Kevinb5688

At crane a lot of things work, a inflated worm 3' off the bottom works great, but throwing a live helgramite on lite line with a small hook under a float kills trout!.
Casting small rapalas can also get you giant trout and nice bass.

S
sunsalem
At crane a lot of things work, a inflated worm 3' off the bottom works great, but throwing a live helgramite on lite line with a small hook under a float kills trout!.
I have tried worms, but haven't done the bugs.
However, I did catch an episode of Joy of Fishing shot at CP showing the guys doing the bug thing.
I'll definitely being trying that out.

Casting small rapalas can also get you giant trout and nice bass.
Haven't tried casting, only trolling rapalas.
Have had some luck trolling Thomas Bouyants and Kastmasters on CP.

As a kid growing up in northern California, trolling the frog pattern Flatfish was a killer on rainbows.
Gotta try it again this year.

S
sunsalem
I read a report Thursday that CP will be ice-free and accessable for Opening Day.
Won't be able to make opening weekend, but will get there a few days after (unless it is really crowded).

Really jazzed up to try out my new trolling motor....might pickup a Humminbird Fish Finder later in the season.