Crane in the early Spring

G
GrillMaster
I am lucky enough to have a few of Troutski's maps; you are a lucky guy.
Nice picture, makes my casting finger twitch:clap:

T
Thuggin4Life
Glad you had a good time! Gonna have to check out craine sometime. Took my boat about halfway to the dam this weekend fishing in wickiup.

G
GrillMaster
That can be a very ruff ride at times, big water and mountain wind.

S
sunsalem
2012 on CP

2012 on CP

Hello everyone, first post.:)

When I get back to my Sunriver place sometime later in the month, I'll be gearing up for a trip to my favorite reservior in my 12 footer.
Usually I go in the summer, but this time around I am going for an early season trip.

What is different about CP in terms of tactics?
As a gear guy, I enjoy casting, trolling, and still-fishing.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:think:

K
Kevinb5688
sunsalem said:
Hello everyone, first post.:)

When I get back to my Sunriver place sometime later in the month, I'll be gearing up for a trip to my favorite reservior in my 12 footer.
Usually I go in the summer, but this time around I am going for an early season trip.

What is different about CP in terms of tactics?
As a gear guy, I enjoy casting, trolling, and still-fishing.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.:think:

At crane a lot of things work, a inflated worm 3' off the bottom works great, but throwing a live helgramite on lite line with a small hook under a float kills trout!.
Casting small rapalas can also get you giant trout and nice bass.

S
sunsalem
Kevinb5688 said:
At crane a lot of things work, a inflated worm 3' off the bottom works great, but throwing a live helgramite on lite line with a small hook under a float kills trout!.
I have tried worms, but haven't done the bugs.
However, I did catch an episode of Joy of Fishing shot at CP showing the guys doing the bug thing.
I'll definitely being trying that out.:)

Casting small rapalas can also get you giant trout and nice bass.
Haven't tried casting, only trolling rapalas.
Have had some luck trolling Thomas Bouyants and Kastmasters on CP.

As a kid growing up in northern California, trolling the frog pattern Flatfish was a killer on rainbows.
Gotta try it again this year.

S
sunsalem
I read a report Thursday that CP will be ice-free and accessable for Opening Day.
Won't be able to make opening weekend, but will get there a few days after (unless it is really crowded).

Really jazzed up to try out my new trolling motor....might pickup a Humminbird Fish Finder later in the season.