Crabbing reports anyone?

jamisonace
jamisonace
I'll be in Coos Bay over the weekend and might take the boat to do some crabbing. Does anyone have a report out of Empire or Charleston?

Thanks!

T
the_intimidator03
I dont know how its doing but with low river flows it should be good :) less freshwater in the bays. GL

jamisonace
jamisonace
Good point. Thanks. At least the dry weather is good for something!

the_intimidator03 said:
I dont know how its doing but with low river flows it should be good :) less freshwater in the bays. GL

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
the empire boat docks been busy and there are boats sitting on the north side of the bay,think
they must do ok otherwise they wouldnt be sitting there all day.Good luck .

jamisonace
jamisonace
Thanks! Sounds like I better bring the boat.

scottishsmokedsalmon said:
the empire boat docks been busy and there are boats sitting on the north side of the bay,think
they must do ok otherwise they wouldnt be sitting there all day.Good luck .

T
the_intimidator03
Boat sure can't hurt ya there.

jamisonace
jamisonace
2 limits pretty quick today. Get out there before the fresh water fills up the bays. We crabbed the last two hours of the incoming tide and were limited before slack. We launched at Empire and crabbed the other side of the bay straight across from the launch.

Good luck.

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
sorry about the weather today,it was so much nicer yesterday.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Yeah, we got wet....really wet. But it was fun. We were wearing rain gear so it wasn't so bad. Cooked up all the crab in the parking lot at the Best Western and have them chilled in the cooler ready for the ride home. I appreciate the info you gave me SSS. I'm glad I went out of Empire. I talked to another group at the motel and they only got 8 out of Charleston.

scottishsmokedsalmon said:
sorry about the weather today,it was so much nicer yesterday.

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
your welcome,let me know the next time you plan a trip,i live down by the dock and can give you
weather reports as they happen.