Crabbing in Yaquina Bay

N
nyersa
Has anyone been out crabbing recently? I know its sort of the wrong time of year for it, but I was itching to take the girls out and give it a try anyway.

T
troutmasta
nyersa said:
Has anyone been out crabbing recently? I know its sort of the wrong time of year for it, but I was itching to take the girls out and give it a try anyway.

I was on a boat about a mile out and the crabbing was alright. nothing to write home about

B
Bass Ackwards
Went on Saturday and got 4 dungies and 4 nice reds in about 2 hrs.

M
Mike B
A week ago my wife and I brought home one big dungy and 3 good rock crabs for a couple hours crabbing. Our one crab ring was full of small ones every time we pulled it. Many were just under the size limit.

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
Crabbed off the dock at Sawyers Landing, Friday, 7-23-10, afternoon until dark. Got a 5 gallon bucket of cleaned crab. Eat it up and went out of South Beach Saturday, 7-24-10. Crabbed up from the entrance to South Beach Marina. We had 10 pots. Wind was too much to deal with and so after getting a limit of Dungy's and a few Red Rock's, headed back to Sawyer's Landing and crabbed off the dock the rest of the day there. Ended up with 4, 5 gallon bucket of cleaned crab. Picked up 60 Oysters from Oregon Oyster Co. a couple of miles away. Cooked it all up and gave some away to some people next to us and brought crab home to eat later. A nice outting with great weather except for the high winds. Tryed some Smelly Jelly Crab Attractment on some of our bait boxes. It seemed to help out some. Next month will try to go Clam Digging up north towards Tillamook for Gapers, Butters, and Cockels. Yum-Yum!!! Later, Fish-On Fred:D:D