Coho slow at Yaquina

Irishrover
Irishrover
I've been watching the coho reports out of Newport and they are slim picking right now. I figured the must be out there a bit so we went out to the north end of Stonewall bank and gave it a shot. We trolled from the north to the end but no action. At least is was a nice ocean. We only saw one other boat out there all day. Not sure what it was up to but it wasn't fishing. I'm sure those fish will show up in number sometime soon as will the other boats. It was a relaxing day and a good shake down trip for the boat.

T
Thuggin4Life
Too bad about the no fish but i bet it was being out there.

B
Bullitt
Typically guys will fish off the lighthouse this time of year for coho. I'm going to wait until August so I can hit the pile for butt's and coho. I'm jonesing for a salt fix though....it's been a while.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I fish that area often. Just north of the lighthouse in water 180 to 230 feet of water depending on where the fish are. On nice days it makes for good scenery with the lighthouse on the hill. The lighthouse is on the hill between the motors. It's that spect of white. Guess I need a telephoto lense!

Irishrover
Irishrover