Coho reports

D
Denduran87
fishsauce said:
If you're willing to wade, coho are biting at the mouth of the Sandy. Spinners, plugs, and twitching jigs should work there.

When talking about plugs are you talking cut plugs or popper looking plugs? Jigs i imagine like the large marabou jigs? Thank you

F
fishsauce
Denduran87 said:
When talking about plugs are you talking cut plugs or popper looking plugs? Jigs i imagine like the large marabou jigs? Thank you

Plugs as in the wiggle wart variety. There's also jigs specifically made for twitching. Also wouldn't hurt to try a spoon. Sometime you just gotta throw the kitchen sink at these finicky coho.

S
sapo
Anyone heard of anything happening on Eagle Creek yet?

T
troutmasta
sapo said:
Anyone heard of anything happening on Eagle Creek yet?

I may or may not have caught a handful at the mouth today....but if so I was probably the only one that did, and if I that was true...I would imagine there still waiting for some rain to all flow in. Which, hypothetically would mean the bite is very slow, plus its hot out-

we need some rain-
if any of that was true.....

J
Jordy
I believe you, with the exception of needing rain.

Last year at this time the river level and temp were pretty close to where its at now. But last year we were 2 weeks into 3 fish limits all over the river. Every day.

Something is very wrong, and I'm praying that this next week of rain brings in the next push of fish. Only getting 1 or 2 chances a day has been a bummer after the last few years of epic coho fishing. Unfortuneately the clackamas has enough water to bring the run upstream at this level. The "wait for rain" guys miss lots of fish on the clack.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

T
troutmasta
I fish the clack every week. There are fish throughout the river but there are many points that are deep holes where the fish can lay. They need rain to triggger a push out of the hole, other wise they'll just stay there and spawn.

The flow right now is 60-70% of what it was Oct. 7th of last year. Thats a pretty big change-

And for a "we need rain guy" I haven't "missed" many fish this year ;)

B
Big3d
That was an amusing exchange. I have nothing of value to add here though.

D
Denduran87
fishsauce said:
Plugs as in the wiggle wart variety. There's also jigs specifically made for twitching. Also wouldn't hurt to try a spoon. Sometime you just gotta throw the kitchen sink at these finicky coho.

Thank you, caught my first salmon about a month ago and have been chomping at the bit to get another one.

S
sapo
I'm headed out for some coho tomorrow morning..I have a question for y'all:

Sandy or Clack? If I hit the Clack, EC or the main river?

Thanks!

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
:popcorn:

H
Harry
How did you do?

How did you do?

sapo said:
I'm headed out for some coho tomorrow morning..I have a question for y'all:

Sandy or Clack? If I hit the Clack, EC or the main river?

Thanks!

thinking of going out Thursday. Did you fish on the 8th? Anything to report? Nthanks

S
sapo
Sorry didn't see this til now Harry, Lol...I hit Sandy and EC..Hooked up briefly at Oxbow but only for a second (bobber and roe) but fish are in there. EC..too low.

H
Harry
No problem. Spent a couple of hours today at Glen Otto. No bites, but since this was my first time floating eggs, it was good for experience

I
Iki Jime
Big3d said:
That was an amusing exchange. I have nothing of value to add here though.

Yeah, me either.

I caught two this year... a hatchery and a native. I'm a newb and that was the highlight of my fall season. If this is a "slow" fall, I'm sure I'm going to be addicted to Coho fishing.

James