Coho reports

S
sapo
Any reports from the Sandy or Clack?

H
Hen_hunter
The clackamas has been producing A fair amount of Coho it's not hot but I know people who have been getting limits on Bobber and eggs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P
Pni_fisherdude
A buddy of mine lost one at oxbow yesterday and he said they were rolling all over the place. So there are a few in there.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

H
Hookset
I will be going on Sunday and will report back. Is there any suggestions on which float on the Clack is better?

S
sapo
Sweet! Thanks guys. Does anyone think the coho will still be around at Oxbow in early/mid October, or will they all be further upriver? I'm thinking they would still be at Oxbow cuz there's no big rain in our forecast, but does anyone know?

S
Steelheader4Life
sapo said:
Sweet! Thanks guys. Does anyone think the coho will still be around at Oxbow in early/mid October, or will they all be further upriver? I'm thinking they would still be at Oxbow cuz there's no big rain in our forecast, but does anyone know?

No one really knows but generally the fish will hold up in the lower river when the water is low and head up river when we get some substantial rain. Coho are smaller though and it doesn't take much water for them the go up if they want to. I've watched them fly up 4-5 inches of water before.

D
DrTheopolis
Hookset said:
Is there any suggestions on which float on the Clack is better?

Bring your favorite wading shoes. My buddy went a few days ago, with the driftboat unloaded to bare minimum. Much dragging was involved.

They kept the trip pretty short, and caught a ton, every one of which was colored up.

That's the extent of my secondhand knowledge.

M
Modest_Man
Pulled a dozen fish out of the Sandy today, unfortunately they were all spring chinook. Fun, but a waste of good bait.

S
sapo
Seriously? Nice @modest man, I'm headed out there tomorrow, and tips? Where were u fishing? I'll be using spinners

S
sapo
Hit oxbow today, coho jumping everywhere and I lost one..saw a guy catch a hatchery chrome steelhead

J
Jordy
Sounds like the clack is fishing slower than the sandy. Sandy probably has a little color which would really help the bite. Water is cooling off so things will pick up any day.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

P
Pni_fisherdude
Hit Dabney this morning and there were a lot of fish rolling. All I had were spinners and twitching jigs and the fish weren't interested in either. I wish I was more prepared and had some roe. Oh well it was a nice morning.

O
OnTheDrop
Pni_fisherdude said:
Hit Dabney this morning and there were a lot of fish rolling. All I had were spinners and twitching jigs and the fish weren't interested in either. I wish I was more prepared and had some roe. Oh well it was a nice morning.

It was that moon..Not much activity today, they were busy last night!

P
Pni_fisherdude
Hahaha that makes so much sense

O
OnTheDrop
I floated down a river in the dark today, and the whole river was lit up. I could see everything as I could in daylight... Should get better the next few days...

S
sapo
Pni_fisherdude said:

Ya..that's been the story on the Sandy so far this year. I've talked to some people, and based on our experiences it seems the coho on the Sandy are non-biters so far. Heard of a few caught here and there, but it'll probably be more stacked with coho in a week or two..the Sandy is still super low so we'll probably see a later run of Sandy coho this year. I talked to a buddy (hen_hunter) who drifted the Clack a couple days ago, and on the contrary, they are biters..Most people in their boat caught at least one coho, and most of them were bright too. He also went to Eagle Creek on the Columbia this weekend, landed two chrome nooks.

F
fishsauce
Pni_fisherdude said:

If you're willing to wade, coho are biting at the mouth of the Sandy. Spinners, plugs, and twitching jigs should work there.

S
sapo
Quick question about coho..do you guys catch coho while it's raining? Most people talk about fishing after the rain, etc..but do they bite during the rain too?

H
Hookset
I have caught Coho during the rain on the Clack.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I catch coho in the rain here on the coast...