Chetco River, need info

D

dmarc85

I'm moving down to Brookings, OR next week and I plan investigate the Chetco River. I'm interested in what kinds of fish I can expect to stalk on the regular :D

Anyone have experience on the Chetco? Stories? Suggestions?

D

dmarc85

I noticed that too. I guess I'll have to travel to the Rogue or surf fish!

W

willierower

From Nov 7 through late March it is Fall Salmon until mid to late December and Steelhead mostly from Jan. 1 through March with the best Months being Jan. and Feb. The Salmon were pretty much a no show last year and so far it is not looking good this year. You also have the Rogue and Elk in driving distance also the Smith in California Just across the boarder.

R

Razz

Elk estuary is FULL of salmon,maybe a little rain today.

H

HAMBONE

Hope lots of fisherman are not a problem for you. Its a very popular river. Keep and eye on the regs as its closed now until the rains come and ODFW open it.

H

W

willierower

Hope lots of fisherman are not a problem for you. Its a very popular river. Keep and eye on the regs as its closed now until the rains come and ODFW open it.

H
And that is a very good thing. The snaging has been very bad in years past. But it would be nice if the ODFW would do the low water closing at a flow that traps the fish in the deeper holes like they do on the Smith River.

R

Razz

Closed until further notice because of poor salmon return. 11/09/09

Last edited:
Top Bottom